MSGEQ7 not reacting to Audio

Grumpy_Mike:
What is your actual circuit? That link just links to the data sheet. How are you connecting it to the Arduino?

Pin 6 should be connected to the audio's common ground, with Pin 2 to the Arduino's ground.
The big metal one connects the tip and the common ground is the lowest ( closest to the chassis mounting ).
If you only have one chip you should combine the audio by connecting then together through a 1K resistor on each channel.

The problem with you photo is you can't tell which way round the chip is.

The chip connects to the Arduino multiple ways.
Pin three goes A0 on the Arduino. Pin four goes to PWM 4 on the Arduino. Pin seven goes to two on the Arduino.

I believe that should be correct if pin three is out, four is strobe, and seven is reset.

I have a ground from the Arduino connected to the breadboard, where all the grounds from the Audio + MSGEQ7 are being led to.

The big metal one connects the tip and the common ground is the lowest ( closest to the chassis mounting ).
If you only have one chip you should combine the audio by connecting then together through a 1K resistor on each channel.

I went ahead and tried this set-up,

You said that the big one connects to the tip.
I looked up a picture that says the tip is left.
You said that the common ground is the lowest one.
I checked and saw the lower one, so that's ground.
That only leaves right left, which the picture says should be the other clip.

After trying this, it worked!

I'm currently having another issue with powering the LEDs, the circuit I had does not seem to be working as I wanted it to. Basically, I'm looking to design a circuit to use an NPN transistor as a variable resistor that drops 12V to 0V if the PWM of the Arduino is 0V (or 5V is need be) and goes 12V for the opposite.

If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Besides that, thank-you so much!