brushed DC motor control with ESC (hobbyking xc-10a)

Hi, guys I need help to control the motor with ESC

first of all, the ESC that I used is Hobbyking xc-10a. I attached a link for the ESC.

I'd like to control general brushed DC motor which has its gear box. like this image.

I've set the circuit like the following image.

Since I tried to control brushed DC motor, I connected only two wires out of three to the DC motor which comes from ESC. and I just leave the last wire unconnected. I've used this code.

#include <Servo.h>

Servo esc;
int throttlePin = 0;

void setup()
{
esc.attach(9);
}

void loop()
{
int throttle = analogRead(throttlePin);
throttle = map(throttle, 0, 1023, 0, 179);
esc.write(throttle);
}

and after finishing the calibration, I changed the value of potentiometer by screwing it. But the motor doesn't work at all. It just kept making the "beep" sound regularly.

I have to control the speed and direction of brushed DC motor with gear box precisely.
Hope your help from desperation.

The motor has its 12v rated voltage

User manual for your ESC: Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars, FPV, Quadcopters and more - Hobbyking (in the Files tab on the product page). Use it to find out what the beeps are trying to tell you.

You need a brushed motor ESC. A brushless ESC will not work.

Chargrin,
Thanks to your link, I succeeded in setting. after two of two beep sounds, I've got long beep sound which alarm the finish of setting. but the brushed DC motor still doesn't work.

Isaac96,

Is there any way to control a brushed DC motor with the ESC for brushless motor?

seungrhichoi:
Is there any way to control a brushed DC motor with the ESC for brushless motor?

No.

seungrhichoi:
I'd like to control general brushed DC motor which has its gear box. like this image.

That is an image of a motor without a gearbox.

Since I tried to control brushed DC motor, I connected only two wires out of three to the DC motor which comes from ESC. and I just leave the last wire unconnected. I've used this code.

Then you may burn out the ESC.

This is absolutely not going to work. You cannot power a brushed
motor from a brushless controller or vice versa. That's why they are two sorts.

You could try to reprogram the ESC with different firmware, but you'd have to
find it or write it... As they come a brushless ESC is a brushless motor driver only.
You don't expect to run a petrol engine on diesel or a diesel engine on petrol.

I repeat, just get a brushed motor ESC. Cheap, simple, and you can get them with reverse.