Juissi's Tanganyika Aquarium

My tweeting aquarium has had a major upgrade: now on the new Arduino Mega (more memory), push-buttons replaced by PIR sensors, webserver in addition to the original tweeter. I am using it to monitor my aquarium with my mobile phone, but it works with desktop browser, too. And it continues tweeting, once a day.

Browse to http://tweetaquarium.mypets.ws to see it in action, the page is served from my Arduino. Push the Like button if you like the page :slight_smile:

-Juissi

Great project - I love the way you've integrated all the different technologies into your site - the fishes sense of humour made me smile

arduinomstr

I'm glad my dog hasn't got a server like that, I'd be a lousy philosopher in her company :wink:
Great Job "human" :wink:

Good idea: "Doggy Server". The biggest challenge would be to get electricity to the Arduino (Mini)...

In my project, the next step would be to add more interactivity. How to implement a sensor that senses a fish poking it or swimming nearby? Ideas?

-Juissi

Juissi:
Good idea: "Doggy Server". The biggest challenge would be to get electricity to the Arduino (Mini)...

In my project, the next step would be to add more interactivity. How to implement a sensor that senses a fish poking it or swimming nearby? Ideas?

-Juissi

maybe an antenna connected to a switch or sensor

Juissi:

A beam of light shining on sensors triggered when the fish swims in front of 'm ?
Preferably on a wavelength/colour the fish can't see not to disturb day/night.
A camera with movement-detection would be nice, but I guess finding one with such low resolution that arduino can handle it will be difficult.
A piece of wire, attached to the ground, pulley on top, that lifts a very small metal weight resting on a metal plate ? Weight/plate could be used as switch when the wire's poked hard enough.
A similar idea would be a touch-probe which is often used in CNC-applications.http://www.indoor.flyer.co.uk/probe.htm
You should of course change it in such way you could use it in the bowl, but maybe it works...

Don't tell 'm I also said RFID, I wouldn't like to read the comments if they find out my IP-address. :wink: