Trouble with Arduino Duemilanove

Hi,

I recently purchased a Nexus 2WD Mobile Robot Kit 10004 (http://www.nexusrobot.com/product.php?id_product=24) which comes with an Arduino Duemilanove w/ Atmega 328p controller. It was working fine till we tried to connect it to an arduIMU module over UART. I connected the Tx pin of the ArduIMU to the Rx pin of the Arduino and connected the 5v and GND pins. However, after this, I am unable to upload any sketches to the board.

When I try to, the Rx LED blinks three times and the Tx LED is off. The Power LED is ON constantly. The LED on pin 13 is completely inactive. Also the TX and RX LED's blink 2-3 times as soon as i connect the USB cable.

On the IDE, I get "avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding" message while trying to upload the Blink example.

My guess is that I somehow corrupted the bootloader, but I am not sure. Hoping to get guidance on the issue.

Thanks in advance,
Prashanth

--
Edit : I should probably mention here that this is not the standard Arduino board. It seems to be customized by Nexus. I am attaching a photo of the board, in case that helps.

I connected the Tx pin of the ArduIMU to the Rx pin of the Arduino and connected the 5v and GND pins. However, after this, I am unable to upload any sketches to the board.

That is because you cannot usually use the arduino pins 0 (rec) with an external serial connection and download at the same time (there will be an electrical conflict) as the on-board USB serial converter is also using arduino pins 0 and 1. Disconnect that wire to arduino pin 0 and you should then be able to upload a new sketch to the arduino board.

Lefty

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was not clear in my first post, I guess. I just tried to test the arduIMU once, after which I disconnected it and ever since I am unable to upload any sketches. So currently the board is disconnected from arduIMU and any other modules/shields. Still doesnt work.