H-Bridge with High Current Transistors

Hi all and thanks for reply,

Sorry If I interrupt your conversation but nowadays I had really bad day when I found out that I burned my arduino so even If I wanna build a H-Bridge with transistors I will not be able to control it with arduino because I don't have any arduino devices now.

What I decided to do as I replied that few days ago is to take a transistor, DC Motor and DPDT Switch.
If you think about the transistor state, because as I replaied that, I'm gonna use about 5A and 15v to 30v I found out
this transistor :
Pdf. 2n3055. Datasheet :

Fig 1. 2n3055 Transistor

I tested it Personally, I tested it and it's working really well and it's not burning at all, even if it will I have a huge heatsink for it, but as i tested it for about 5~10 min the transistor was really cold.

About the DPDT Swich not use if you all know about it.
It's a swich that can change the polarity of a motor or led or anything you wanna change.
Fig 2. DPDT Swich

I realy feel bad that my arduino burned so that's the only way to control a motor in my case.

I see many people suggesting to buy H-Bridge from ebay or different sites, thanks alot for help but I'm not the type of guy that buy everything, I wanna have the experience to build something on my own. To upgrade my skill lvl and to be able in future to build the same stuff easy and fast because i will know that it's working, and if someone ask me for help I will be able to answer many questions because I will know that I didn't bought that ready circuit from Ebay or other websites but I builded on my own.

Thanks a lot all, I got many ideas searching for different ways to control a motor and reverse the polarities.
But I have one more question about the transistor that I posted :
a) What's the needed voltage and amperage I need to apply at the base of the transistor to activate and run the motor
at full power of the powersupply ?

(It's maybe a silly question because I already learned about transistors but I'm not sure how you calculate that in different types of a transistor.)