Detecting "Touch"

I can't think of a better word to describe what i'm on about that touch.

With a touch sensor, you can use the capacitance to determine if it's been touched or not, but what about human skin? how would one go about
triggering a circuit from merely blowing on a sensor? I thought about using a microphone to detect the sound of someone blowing, touching is easy
but feeling the pressure on your skin from air flow...

Has anyone ever come across a sensor that actually detects low air pressure movement? would it even be possible? or we in the realms of startrek here...

It could be as simple as hot wire. Other way is to install temperature sensor and hot resistor in close proximity

interesting thoughts, thanks....

There are also "Force Sensing Resistors" that change resistance when bent.

Bob

Here's a sculpture that responds to blowing...

There are a couple of apps for the iPad which mimic candles, when the iPad is blown on the candle flickers - using the microphone as you have suggested... and works very well!

fungus:
Here's a sculpture that responds to blowing...

Interactive Light Painting: Pu Gong Ying Tu (Dandelion Painting) on Vimeo

That link doesn't seem to work for me, try this: Pu Gong Ying Tu (Dandelion Painting) – Jie Qi

I sensed air movement (unintentionally) using a tmp35 to measure temperature. It was an annoyance because I didn't want it to be that sensitive, but it did a really nice job of sensing a casual breeze when I walked by it.