Forum slow or down?

The last couple of days the forum seems to be very slow and sometimes even times-out.

Is it me or are there issues with the server?

Sareno:
The last couple of days the forum seems to be very slow and sometimes even times-out.

Is it me or are there issues with the server?

Not just you. Ironically, I just posted an answer in your latest thread which never actually got posted - saw a cloud flare page instead

It has been a bit slow and glitchy since the weekend here in Canada.

So not just you peeps.

Bob.

Another Forum that I view regulaly (RMWeb) posts a banner at the top of every page when a problem arises to let users know it is being worked on.

Perhaps the Arduino folks could adopt this helpful practice?

...R

Hi Robin.

They often don't know themselves that the forum is being sleepy.

Bob.

ballscrewbob:
They often don't know themselves that the forum is being sleepy.

I'm not surprised to hear you say that. But they should be monitoring it.

...R

Issues was passed up the chain and it now seems to be resolved.
It seems to be happening a little more since they moved to cloudflare ( that observation also passed along )

Bob.

@noob314

Regulars will be able to confirm that the "forum" always seems to be the poor second cousin to the rest of the site and often left to fend for itself.

Many of us would love it to become at least a first Cousin or close friend to the rest of the site..

Bob.

ballscrewbob:
It seems to be happening a little more since they moved to cloudflare ( that observation also passed along )

It is not unusual to receive a web page (presumably from Cloudfare) saying that my browser is working, Cloudflare is working but there is no response from Arduino.cc

...R

I am not 100% sure what they did by moving to cloudflare.
And I don't quite trust cloudflare's total ability to report of handle things As I have seen it also say I can look at the cached version of parts of the site only for that to be not true.

Its seems cloudflare act as some form of man in the middle and things go wrong between CF and the Arduino site.

That was my observations from here.

Robin2:
It is not unusual to receive a web page (presumably from Cloudfare) saying that my browser is working, Cloudflare is working but there is no response from Arduino.cc

I've seen this several times in recent days too. It takes a while to recover - enough that I give up & do something else.

Anyone else with a "here we go again" ?
Just took two attempts to get in.

It's been working ok for me.

ballscrewbob:
Anyone else with a "here we go again" ?
Just took two attempts to get in.

Got bad gateway a few hours ago and a long long wait for it to admit I was authenticated. All ok since then.

wildbill:
Got bad gateway a few hours ago and a long long wait for it to admit I was authenticated. All ok since then.

Same here

lol I found a solution while waiting the board to become available after registration

koquhozi:
lol I found a solution while waiting the board to become available after registration

Every cloud has a silver lining. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

...R