Arduino IDE usb port management while working with MKRFOX1200

Isn't everyone experiencing a big mess with the USB ports while working with the MKRFOX1200 board?
I was used (with Arduino boards) to keep my terminal window always open while uploading, testing, modifying, etc... and now everytime I upload a sketch to my MKR board, the USB board changes to the terminal isn't funcioning anymore and I have to go to Program/Ports/USBxx and change it to another one and again and again to be able to "follow" its changes all the time.

Is this happening to everyone here?

Thanks

These boards do change to another port during uploads just as the old Leonardo did.

Double clicking the reset quickly will also put it on another com port in BOOTLOADER mode.

Is this what you are seeing or is it something else such as consistently changing the port and the com port numbers gradually getting higher and higher ?

Yes, I'm used to frequent cycles of modify/upload/test and with normal Arduino this is seamless, but in MKRFOX it's a pain cause I need to be selecting the com port all the time between programming and monitoring. This happened the same when I used an Arduino Micro as a Keyboard simulator some time ago.

And yes let alone if it enters LowPower.Sleep mode as in this case it would need the double reset to become accesible again

Dealing with it so far, but a little uncomfortable

Thanks