Arduino library for WTV020-SD-16P audio module

Thank You very much the-rebel-age for this library and example.
It works great.
And thanks chathuranga for the schematic you posted, it helped.
I have 1.5v module from the link you gave.
I use these 2gb micro SD card for all my Arduino modules that need micro SD(ethernet, tft lcd, etc.).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VOU91U/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 and they work great.
Also, for others if you don't want the sounds looping put all the code you need from the void loop part of the sketch in the void setup part(leaving void loop empty or commented out), then you have full control through the module buttons.
This is all you need for setup and loop for simple playback/stop and select.

//Initializes the module.
void setup() {
wtv020sd16p.reset();
}
void loop() {
}

Thanks again!!!

Hello all,
I'd like to put together a tutorial for my students for audio-from-arduino.
Would those who have succeeded with this board please tell me

1. what code they used? (the original library posted by the-rebel-agent is the winner?)
  2. what is the proper hook-up of pins (i.e. circuit diagram). the one posted by chathuranga works?

thanks in advance,

ali

I am having problems with this module, i cant change the song that sounds every time it sounds the 0000 sound

Any idea??

Hi the-rebel-agent,
I have the Arduino 1.0.1 Software, and when I try to verify your code the following errors appear:

WTV020.c: In function 'reset_WTV20':
WTV020.c:17: error: 'PB2' undeclared (first use in this function)
WTV020.c:17: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
WTV020.c:17: error: for each function it appears in.)
WTV020.c: In function 'send':
WTV020.c:25: error: 'PB1' undeclared (first use in this function)
WTV020.c:28: error: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode
WTV020.c:33: error: 'PB0' undeclared (first use in this function)

I'm new to the use of Arduino, so any help will be welcomed.

Caritusm, make sure you have put the Wtv020sd16p folder in the Arduino IDE library.
Wtv020sd16p.h MUST be present for the code to work. :wink:

chathuranga:
Bravo, Tested library and worked fine.. :slight_smile:

And answering my previous question, I tested this with a 2GB SanDisk MicroSD card successfully. In other words there is no limitation of 1GB.

EDIT: SUCCESS, FINALLY!
I booted my computer in my windows partition and used this tool:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/
to format my SD cards [Overwrite Formatting Option], I've only tried the SanDisk & Kingston but I assume the other one works too!

So the issue with the SD cards may just be [I speculate] nuances on the different implementations of available formatting tools (previously I was using gparted).

Alas, [previously] I am [was] not being so lucky.

I've tried with 3 different 2Gb microSD cards:

• SanDisk, Kingston & unbranded
  • Formatted them all with FAT16 filesystem (and even tried to make a partition smaller than 1Gb)
  • Used several .ad4 files "fished" from these foruns and lately official sample ad4 files from the 4D website

Connections:
Module pin 1 --> arduino pin 2 (reset)
module pin 4,5 --> speaker (tested 3 variants: 8ohm/0.25watts; 16ohm/0.3watts; unbranded earphones)
module pin 7 --> arduino pin 3 (clock)
module pin 8 --> GND
module pin 10 --> arduino pin 4 (data)
module pin 15 --> arduino pin 5 (busy) + led setup (replaced 470 ohm resistor w/ 390 ohm resistor)
module pin 16 --> VCC (both +3.3V and +5V after changing the jumper)

the module I bought was the one in the link the rebel provided... using his library, his sample code...

... and all I got is the a tiny short "switching" noise when the LED blinks, if I hold the speaker to my ear...

So, according to your own experience can't you detect any flaw in my setup? Or is it just another case of the microSD card Russian roulette?

P.S. - I'm all out of microSD cards to try and I don't have an SD shield.

Where is the link to a library download? I can't find it in this thread.

vanduino:
Where is the link to a library download? I can't find it in this thread.

It is attached to the very first post of this thread. You can see it only if you are logged in.

OK, I changed browsers and found the link. Thanks for the good work.

Hey, thank you very much guys for your greetings. I am really pleased that my little piece of source code did something useful. I have been out of this forum but I am back. First of all, when you have a problem with this sound module, 90% of the times, blame the uSD card. IT is VERY pesky about them. Later, could be the wired, and If everything else did not work, just replace the module.

About the gap, It depends entirely on the software and the module. It seems that needs 20 [ms] to switch between tracks. That's the gap you heard. I have been trying to fix that, but seems impossible given the hardware. I also moved the pin from 3.3 to 5 in one of my modules ( I have 2 of them) and did not work. Put 2 diodes, as recommended and worked, but no so fine. Any other moved the pin and got fine results?

I can't find the zip file can give me that. :slight_smile:

It is attached at the very first post. You have to be logged to see it.

Oh ok THANKS got it

Just let me know If you need anything else. Always a pleasure to help.

zargnut:
FAT formatted on windows 7
File is named 0.ad4, and located in the root directory

use the sd card formatter utility, and rename the file as 0000.ad4

first try to use the ad4 files that have been tested by others , it will help u

Hello, congratulations for the work.
You can select a track between the files on the sd.
Create a sort of mp3 trigger.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hey guys, anyone using it at 5V? Cause I moved the soldered pin from 3.3 to 5 and could not get it to work. Quite erratically. I did not use any diode cause I believe they are soldered in the pcb board. Any idea?

Posted a new library here http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,133013.new.html#new for an audio amplifier that works with this audio module.

I am running it on 5V supply without changing the jumper , and using 2 diodes.

dmsherazi:
I am running it on 5V supply without changing the jumper , and using 2 diodes.

So, your board is working fine, cause I tried that setup and could not make it work. Functionality was erratically.