Setting up a standalone Arduino Project using ATMEGA328P-AU

I am at the moment working to make a more permanent solution to a project. There are seemingly endless tutorials on how to set up an standalone project using the DIP package, but there are none using the SMD.

Would it be possible for someone to help me out? I have attached a Fritzing project with what I believe to be ready; however, I am also trying to learn PCB's at the same time, and it seems like Fritzing wants me to make connections that shouldn't happen between the IC pins.

Essentially what I am trying to do is set up a project file so that once we have finalized working with the arduino, I can easily turn around and integrate it with this project file to have a standalone PCB with the FTDI wired in to power it.

Thanks in advance!

The circuit will be essentially the same with the SMD package as with the DIP package so I don't see any reason why you would need an SMD-specific tutorial. The major difference between the two packages is that the SMD package of the ATmega328P has two extra analog input pins (Arduino pins A6 and A7). Note also that the physical pin numbers are different from one package to another.

as pert said, the tutorials are the same. You have to take care to route and layout the ISP to burn the Bootloader, otherwise you could not program the Atmega with the FTDI..
and there is no easy way to solder out a Atmega of a pcb when you are not familiar with it, how to solder out.