AWind: GUI library for Arduino - TFT and OLED Displays

Hi Andrei!

Please can you give me a little help?

1. i can't find how to allign to right the TextBoxNumbers
  2. i need to have into the tab controll one image. is thath possible? and how?

regards

Hi Elpapais,

thank you for the kind words about AWind library!

Unfortunately, the features you are asking are not implemented yet, although it isnā€™t that much work As workaround for the text alignment you can use function SetMargins.
If you know how to draw pictures with the help of UTFT library than you can override function void OnDraw(DC *dc) in the child window of tab control.

Regards,

Andrei

Hi Andrei.
Tnx for answer.

margins...
but margins are from top and lef... and the numbers is variant...
you mean one routine can read if units or thens or hundert and so on an make correct lef space?

Hi Elpapais,

the text horizontal alignment functionality is implemented (see VacuumPump example and SetHorizontalAlignment function) The changes are not released yet, so that you need clone actual AWind, ASensor and AFrame repositories.

Regards,

Andrei

... and sorry pbecchi. I have made couple of attempts, but compilation for ESP8266 is more difficult as I expected. I keep trying

Hello,
very interesting libraries and examples but I can't run it on Arduino Mega 2560 :frowning:
Is it only designed to DUE ?
Thank's

Henri

Hi Henri,

It should work on mega too.
Are the examples from UTFT library running ok on your configuration?
What kind of errors do you receive?

Regards,

Andrei

Thanks for AWind, Andrei!
UTFT seems to work on my ST7735S - demos run fine.
Q: UTOUCH seems to be replaced by URTouch. Any plans to update this dependency in AWind?
Q: I do not intend to use touch screen. Any plans to make the dependency on UTOUCH optional?
Q: minor suggestion: default serif display in UTOUCH is really ugly. Your GUI would look better with sans-serif font. Free sans-serif fonts are readily available.

Thanks again!

My attempts to compile sample Carts fail - can't find headers:
Log.h
LinkedList.h
AHelper.h

I used URTouch instead of UTOUCH as author recommended.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

I missed the fact that distribution of AWind

also includes libraries ABuild AFrame ASensor
Hmmmmm
Got it!

Hi asokolsky,

thank you for your interest in AWind library, and for your suggestions.
The information about Utouch library was new for me and in the next release I will switch to URTouch.
Now there are my questions to your questions :slight_smile: : it isnā€™t that difficult to make AWing ā€œUtouch freeā€, it is necessary just to make proxy class for this library, like DC class for UTFT. Another solution would be just use AWind as it is and ā€œdonā€™t touch the screenā€. What is the reason for you to compile AWind without UTouch ā€“ memory issue?
sans-serif font ā€“ what you mean free, as part of UTFT library?

Regards,
Andrei

What is the reason for you to compile AWind without UTouch
My screen does not support touch. So I was trying to avoid another dependency.

sans-serif font - what you mean free, as part of UTFT library?
UTFT author lists many contributed fonts:
Rinky-Dink Electronics
IMO arial_bold or hallfetica_normal look much better as a GUI font than standard BigFont or SmallFont.

For now my attempts to use AWind failed. I use teensy 3.2 and compilation of AWind fails - looks like some of AWind header defines BYTE which is in conflict with one of the teensy system headers.
Maybe you could consider using some predefined type like uint8_t?

Cheers!

Alex

Hallo Alex,

Iā€™ve replaced BYTE by byte and Iā€™ve adjusted dependency to URTouch library. Those changes are not release yet. In order to try the changes, you need ā€œcloneā€ last version of AWind library. Hopefully you will manage now to compile everything.

Regards,
Andrei

Sorry, Andrei, but it does not look like I will have time for this experiment.
You can try to compile AWind for teensy by installing Teensyduino and selecting Teensy 3.2 as your target.

I like the high level of abstraction AWind offers. A library like this was sorely missing. And I think your reliance on UTFT makes perfect sense.

For now though I look into Nextion displays. For a small price premium they promise to offload low level jobs to the intelligent display. Let's see how that will pan out.

Udachi!
Cheers!

Alex

No Problem Alex and thank you for the kind words about AWind library

Maybe in the next your project the AWind will get second chance from you :slight_smile:

tebe toje udachi!

Andrei

Hi Andrei!

I can't find how to set integer variable type of a radial gauge.
i need only 0 to 100% but as default wil be displayed 0.0 100.0
regards.

Hi Elpapais

I've extended radial gauge constructor with parameter precision. In your case you need to set it to 0.
Just update your GaugeRadialPointer module from github. If something is not clear, let me know.

Regards
Andrei

Hi Andrei!
Tnx for the modify.

i have some problem while you have changed a touch library whit the URTouch in my display Saintsmart 4.3 on't work.
Don't work is a eufemism while the calibration work fine but when i have calibrated and writted the new resolution into the file URTouchCD.h, the others examples in library URTouch still don't working.

i can change to reuse the old UTouch library but i need to modify your library.

other thing is into the Radial Gauge writting a name of gauge like: Thermometer or pressure or a simple text to know for whath is the gauge.

one more consideration:

You made a verry nice work an i think your library can come much interessant if you take a look your code and standardize all the process.
for example:
into text box numeric you write (for me is correct) a statement precision (precission must changed) but into the gauge you write as parameter not as statement.
if you need some help or clarification tell me....
I hope to collaborate much more whit you while i have some ideas to write routines and objects much functionnally for made a verry professional library.

Regards Elio

P.S.
I have some web servers in the world and if you whish we can set up a cooperative server for working ensamble or in a team....

Hi Andrei!

little bug...

If float the code should be remain as is but if integer you must remove the -2 char for centering the right scale number.
as is the 100is not in the last thick.

Another question:

Label parameter must: Label(int, int, int, int, String&) like this:

_btnStartNastro = new Button(165, 104, 70, 20, F("On"));

but if i whish indicize the string (for example for multi language) like:

String StringOne = "On";
_btnStartNastro = new Button(165, 104, 70, 20, (StringOne));

or:

String StringOne = "On";
_btnStartNastro = new Button(165, 104, 70, 20, StringOne);

don'twork.

Tnx
regards.

Hi Elio,

Thank you for your proposals, and of course any help is appreciated!

Your suggestion about helper text in radial gauge control ā€“ it could by my idea. :slight_smile: You can try to implement it by your own: you just need adjust the code in GaugeRadialPointer::OnDraw member function.
About difference between statement and parameter I didnā€™t understand. Probably for this topic PM would be better.
Thank you also for your suggestion about cooperative server. I think for this moment github is good enough for actual development process.
About your code with StringOne. I suppose it doesnā€™t work because of incompatible types __FlashStringHelper and String.
To declare your strings you should use something like const __FlashStringHelper * text = F("On").

Regards,
Andrei