What about an index for Introductory Tutorials

There has been a lot of discussion about the best way to present Introductory Tutorials both in this Thread and in some of the Tutorials themselves.

It occurs to me that it may be more useful to create a Thread that is simply an index with links to various items that could be useful to a newbie. Like the Useful Links Thread.

For the newbie it would have the advantage that the list of topics could be read quickly to see if there is anything useful.

And from the point of view of the Forum it would have these advantages

• it would be easy to control (i.e. to avoid rambling discussion, and to limit the items included)
  • if a better item comes along a link could be changed
  • because it is only a list that would not take long to read it would seem less important to limit the number of items
  • the topics could be grouped under differen headings.

I guess the downside is that it would require someone to create and maintain the list as Nick Gammon does for the Useful Links Thread. But that person would not have to be a moderator.

...R

Topics and sub topics Robin

Just use the EXAMPLE sketches as an example.

But in all honesty I tried to be open about this whole thing and it has seemingly gone off the rails.
Badly thought out and even more poorly implemented as it still gets hits from noobs as the moderators will tell you.

It is also very possible to be a "single section" moderator too so that aspect is easily covered.

Much as I admire your gusto for it mine was lost as it progressed into chaos and long winded talks that went nowhere.

ballscrewbob:
Badly thought out and even more poorly implemented as it still gets hits from noobs as the moderators will tell you.

If it was like the Useful Links that could not happen.

...R