NewPing Library: HC-SR04, SRF05, SRF06, DYP-ME007, Parallax PING))) - v1.7

teckel:

I've only been keeping up now and then on this thread; I have yet to try the library, but I have to say it seems like an awesome improvement. I was wondering, though, if you were planning on:

1. Adding the original PING sensor from Parallax to it
  2. Add code for the Polaroid/Senscomp 6500 sensor

???

I think the first should be done before the second (if the second is done at all), simply because there are some people out there using PING sensors with the Arduino, and it could potentially benefit from this library.

The second would only be worthwhile if it could support both the actual Senscomp 6500, as well as hacked Polaroid camera modules; these hacked modules are described in various places around the web, but the most recent version was done in an issue of Servo magazine not too long ago. In this version, it was described how to get the "old school" hack to work properly with the Arduino (as the original hack wasn't compatible with the Arduino in some manner). Then again, not many people likely purchase the Senscomp 6500 for the Arduino (they aren't cheap new), and most people probably don't hack old Polaroid cameras either (as it is cheaper and easier to buy the mass-produced dual-element modules).

Maybe the Maxbotix sensors should be done instead...?

:smiley: