Arduino - Labview Firmware (LIFA_Base)

Dear Community,
I wanted to point out for those who want to use Arduino with Labview that in version 1.6.5 you will probably encounter an error. The conflict is due to library conflict between the RobotIRremote and the LIFA Base. To solve this, you just need to rename the files under ...\RobotIRremote\src . This Problem is caused due to Arduino setting a priority of picking his own libraries instead of the Libraries from the folder. A Short solution is described bellow.

Solution:

Go to the Location:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src" (or whenever your Arduino IDE is located)
Rename the files (add a file extention) with *.old (example: IRremote.cpp -> IRremote.cpp.old)
Open Arduino IDE and open the file LIFA_Base under the location:
"C:...\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base"
Finally, Compile.

Now the compilation should be successful. Another solution is to correct the bug from the labview firmware and specify the librariy locations better like following: #include "IRremote.h" -> #include "LIFA_Base\IRremote.h", but that is NI's Job.

Hope This helped.

J0hnio:
Another solution is to correct the bug from the labview firmware and specify the librariy locations better like following: #include "IRremote.h" -> #include "LIFA_Base\IRremote.h", but that is NI's Job.

Just an FYI, LIFA has been deprecated for a couple years now and will never be updated. LINX is the successory to LIFA and is actively supported and is receiving updates regularly.

http://www.labviewmakerhub.com/linx

I am upload LINX firmware on my Arduino UNO and its working as well. I need analog read from wind sensor which I am using, conected on Arduino UNO, so how can I add my Arduino code for wind sensor on Arduino, because its seems that when I upload that code from sensor to the Arduino automaticaly I lose LINX firmware, can somebody help me ?

Hello I want to intereface labview and arduino uno. Please anybody provide the lifa base file which to be uploaded on my mail is psaswale@gmail.com

seashell90:
I am upload LINX firmware on my Arduino UNO and its working as well. I need analog read from wind sensor which I am using, conected on Arduino UNO, so how can I add my Arduino code for wind sensor on Arduino, because its seems that when I upload that code from sensor to the Arduino automaticaly I lose LINX firmware, can somebody help me ?

The LIFA is firmware/sketch that is downloaded to the Uno to allow you to interface with the Uno using LabVIEW.

If you have no intention of using LabVIEW, then you write your own sketch.

Decide what you want to do.

/*********************************************************************************
** LVFA_Firmware - Provides Basic Arduino Sketch For Interfacing With LabVIEW.
** Written By: Sam Kristoff - National Instruments
** Written On: November 2010
** Last Updated: Dec 2011 - Kevin Fort - National Instruments
** This File May Be Modified And Re-Distributed Freely. Original File Content
** Written By Sam Kristoff And Available At www.ni.com/arduino.
*********************************************************************************/

/*********************************************************************************
** Includes.
/
// Standard includes. These should always be included.
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <Servo.h>
#include "LabVIEWInterface.h"
int led = 13;
/
** setup()
** Initialize the Arduino and setup serial communication.
** Input: None
** Output: None
*********************************************************************************/
void setup()
{
pinMode(led, OUTPUT);
}

** loop()
** The main loop. This loop runs continuously on the Arduino. It
** receives and processes serial commands from LabVIEW.
** Input: None
** Output: None
void loop()
{

// Check for commands from LabVIEW and process them.

checkForCommand();
// Place your custom loop code here (this may slow down communication with LabVIEW)
digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(led, LOW);
delay(1000);

if(acqMode==1)
{
sampleContinously();
}

}

hi guys.. is this correct?? can we add our own code in LIFA base?

hello everyone..
so while im trying to interface labVIEW and arduino i got an error that im unable to resolve from
can anyone help me..?

the error is like this :
Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp:5:16: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope
int RECV_PIN = TKD2; // the pin the IR receiver is connected to
^
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Hi...

I'm a LabVIEW and Arduino newbie, but wanted to post an issue I've seen. I know that I should be using LINX (for Arduino/LabVIEW connection & control), however, I have been unable to find a good tutorial to show me how to upload a suitable sketch (if anyone knows please let me know).

The issue I have is that I managed to get things going with LIFA-Base but, while working through other examples in my Arduino for Dummies book, I tried to reload it from my a different computer. The code uploaded, however, communication was not working between my previously working simple LabVIEW program and the Arduino UNO. The only noticable difference was my laptop had version Arduino IDE 1.8.5 (and 1.8.9 on my PC). Uploading from my laptop worked, but not from the PC. Looking at the IDE console log, it looked like the sketch was not fully loading up (and showed a lower bytes used and global variables used). After sing the JKI package manager to reinstall the drivers (no change) I tried downgrading my PC to 1.8.5 (which has worked).

This is fine for now, but I feel that I need to move to LINX (if anybody can suggest where I can find some good information on using it).

Many thanks,

Richard...

1 Like