Looking for work!

Geurilla:

Oh, I'm well aware of my limitations. If there's one thing I've learned after three years of studying this stuff, its that electronics stuff is hard. Much harder than programming.

I think I'd be a good fit for a company like Sparkfun that makes a lot of small simple boards for hobbyists and which has other more experienced engineers who can double check my work. I could also see myself doing work for some artist who wants to add lights and sound to their project. For example, if Volpin Props were not capable of designing his own light circuits for his Daft Punk helmets (volpinprops.com), that would be something I could do for him under contract.

Also, remember - don't be afraid to step out of the beginner level and get out into the "real world" of microcontrollers.

I wasn't aware that Atmel were considered a "beginner level" microcontroller. :slight_smile:

I like Atmel, not just because of the Arduino, but because their documentation is awesome, and their IDE is really nice. And, well, that's what I know. I don't have the luxury of spending months learning a new architecture right now. And they seem to have some decent new lines of processors. Is there something I don't know about how often they're used in real world applications?

Anyway, I'm not looking to get into designing generic consumer electronics products or anything like that. I mean, if some toy company came along and they were looking for a programmer and someone to do electronics on the side in an entry level position with oversight from an experienced electrical engineer and they were interested in helping me further my education than that might be something I could see myself getting into.