Arduino Create. Device Manager. Remove Device.

Hi,

I messed up adding my RaspberryPi to the online ArduinoCreate DeviceManager LinuxDevices.

The Raspberry shows up but is not properly configured with ip address etc.

I can see no way to delete the device and start again or to fix the config detail.

If I try adding another Raspberry I'm told "Devices limit reached", "1 Linux device limit", "Upgrade your plan".

The plan upgrade/downgrade page talks about having to delete devices if you return to the free plan but gives no details.

Any thoughts much appreciated. I would like to see what Create offers with a raspberry.

• Open Arduino Create Device Manager: Arduino Manager for Linux
  • Hover your mouse over the device you want to delete.
  • You should see a white box appear at the top left corner of the device. Click on that box to select the device.
  • Scroll to the top of the Device Manager page. You will see a teal bar that says "1 Selected". Click the "Delete" button on the right side of that bar to delete your device.
  • Click the "Delete" button on the confirmation dialog.

Thank you pert.

That looks like it will work but I'm going crazy with the device manager!

Any attempt to go to the device manager gets me to the page where new devices are added, not the page where devices are listed.

I just can't get back to the page where my devices are listed so that I may try your instructions to delete the rogue Pi.

How do I get to the page where devices are listed and therefore able to be deleted?

SunnyPz:
Any attempt to go to the device manager gets me to the page where new devices are added, not the page where devices are listed.

It should be Arduino Manager for Linux.

Do you mean the page that has "Add new board", "Add new device", "Add new SIM"?:

If you're on that page and you don't see any devices listed, it just means you don't have any devices and you need to add some.

Hi,I have the same problem, I can't see my device, let alone delete it, and arduino create reminds me that I have opened 3 devices, I can't add devices anymore.

pert:
It should be Arduino Manager for Linux.

Do you mean the page that has "Add new board", "Add new device", "Add new SIM"?:

If you're on that page and you don't see any devices listed, it just means you don't have any devices and you need to add some.

Thanks again pert.

Yes I can get to the devices page where I see "add new board" "add new device" etc but my rogue raspberry is not listed.

I can't get to a list of devices to try your delete sequence.

When I try to add a device I'm told my device limit has been exceeded.

It looks like caffebene379264613 is experiencing the same symptoms?

Hi. I was able to reproduce the bug also. I have reported this problem to the Arduino developers who work on Arduino Create.

You are a star pert.

I'll wait to see what happens.

Great to have confirmation that It's not just me.

Good news everyone! The problem of the "zombie" Linux Devices in Arduino Create Device Manager should now be fixed. Please let me know if anyone still has this problem.

Thanks so much to everyone who brought this bug to our attention!

I'm having a new issue when I go to add a device. I click to Add a Linux Device, click the button that I already have the chrome plugin, but am then taken to the Web IDE not the page to ask for IP to set up the device.

What do you mean by the "chrome plugin"? Are you using the Arduino Create Chrome App for ChromeOS, or just accessing Arduino Create via your web browser?

Im am trying this on ChromeOS. Either through the browser or launching the Create App itself, I am only brought to the Editor. It will not bring me to step to use IP to install the agent. My Windows work laptop shows the step correctly, but due to security restrictions on it, it won't allow the SSH connection to set up the device.

I would recommend you to start a dedicated thread about this issue, since it seems like a different problem than the "zombie" Linux device issue. That will make sure that the people at Arduino who are knowledgeable about the ChromeOS situation will see your report. Unfortunately, I don't own a ChromeOS device so I can't check whether the issue also occurs for me.

Hi @Wrexx0r, we are sorry but the chromeOS plugin doesn't support Linux devices configuration

Ah, well that would explain it then, thank you