Outputs/inputs to Multiple Arduinos in Arduino IDE

Hi all I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong subforum. I also apologize if this information could be easily accessed, but I'm new to Arduino and did multiple searches. I'm currently able to write to one Arduino Trinket in Arduino IDE using digitalWrite. However, I'll have to be reading from two different Arduino Trinkets with analogRead. An important part of this is that I must be able to access both devices at the same time. I saw during research that other people were able to use two different Arduino IDE, but I don't think this will work for me. I appreciate any help!
Edit: I forgot to mention I'll more than likely be using 2 Arduino ItsyBitsy's for the serial USB communication.

Are you wanting to have 2 copies of the IDE running each using a different board and port ?

If so, start 2 different instances of the IDE and you can set different boards and ports in each. Do not start the IDE then do file/new.

Also posted at:

If you're going to do that then please be considerate enough to add links to the other places you cross posted. This will let us avoid wasting time due to duplicate effort and also help others who have the same questions and find your post to discover all the relevant information. When you post links please always use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make them clickable.

Pert, I'll make sure to do so if I do it again. UKHeliBob, I'm trying to be able to access the voltage values from both boards and be able to compare/perform math operations on the values from both boards at the same time. I went a little more into depth on the post on arduino.stackexchange.

You could read the voltage from one Arduino and pass it to the other for display. That way you could display voltages read by both of them in the same Serial monitor

UKHeliBob:
You could read the voltage from one Arduino and pass it to the other for display. That way you could display voltages read by both of them in the same Serial monitor

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. For anyone that has the same issue, this tutorial was really good. Thanks for the help!