Arduinome Problems

I've finished putting together my first arduinome. After flashing the serial and firmware to the arduino, it says it connects to max just fine but when I try it out using the monome test app, the interactions with what I'm doing on the screen and which LEDs light up are seemingly random (one or two LEDs will light as I click various things but they don't correspond to what I'm pressing). Button presses come up with 'cell coordinates out of range' in max.

The issue seems to be that the arduino isn't receiving messages properly (the wiring with the shield and LED board seems to be fine - it does the startup scroll when I plug it in). The Rx light on the arduino doesn't always flash when I send messages from max and in some apps (eg. nerdscroll) it doesn't flash at all.

For some reason after I flashed the serial the arduinome port shows up as COM30 in arduino 1.0 and windows 7 device manager and not /dev/tty.usbserial-a40h-001 which I'm told it should. Could this be an issue with the arduino (duemilenove atmega328)?

Thanks!

The first thing I would try is to see if it works using the arduino-0021 environment. If you are using 1.0. This rev is turning out to have a lot of problems that are not yet resolved.

So download arduino-0021 and try it, and if you have the same problems then it is probably a code issue

chrisg:
I've finished putting together my first arduinome.

I don't know what a arduinome is.

chrisg:
For some reason after I flashed the serial the arduinome port shows up as COM30 in arduino 1.0 and windows 7 device manager and not /dev/tty.usbserial-a40h-001 which I'm told it should.

Windows uses "COMx" and OSX/Linux uses "/dev/tty.xxxxxx" so of course your serail port won't show up as "/dev/tty.usbserial.xxxx" in Windows.

RPCoyle:
If you are using 1.0. This rev is turning out to have a lot of problems that are not yet resolved.

There are? Yes there are transition issues with 1.0, but they are not unresolved. Most libraries have been updated to support 1.0 removing many of the initial problems people saw.