I bought a UNO R3 ATmega328P CH340G USB Driver Development Board

Hello All,

I am a regular buyer/user in India, of Arduino boards of all varieties, since 2011. This is first time I bought a low cost, about $7 Arduino Uno clone from eBay.in. It had a few nice things besides low price - additional holes to mount male pins, on all connectors, adjacent to female header, so that we can use female-to-female connectors to link up other Indian accessories having male header pins. There were extra holes next to ICSP connector for Tx, Rx, +5V, 3.3V and SCL, SDA.

I had an issue with USB device driver. I quickly zeroed in on this topic and downloaded driver file from link given for Chinese manufacturer. After installing the driver, I had to disconnect and reconnect the board and then everything was fine.

I mostly use the board for training my students so it is a great buy at this low price.

BTW, I purchased two Unos in Micro Center shop in Houston, USA, two months back for $6 each. They were selling Arduino Mega for $10 and Raspberry Pi for $20. So I believe nobody should now need to pay $30 for an Arduino.

Best wishes.

-P W Dandekar