Burglar Alarm with SMS / Twitter

I just finished a little project using an Arduino to make my burglar alarm SMS and tweet me with status updates. I've posted details here for those interested:

http://www.kelvinsthunderstorm.com/2009/02/twitter-burglar-alarm/

Nice work!

I've been brainstorming a similar project for my security system. I'd be interested in more information on how you interfaced with your existing security system.

I don't own the system in my home, so I am trying to keep my interface minimally invasive. My specific unit has a grid of led status indicators to display the armed status and even which specific zone is open. I am contemplating an array of phototransistors to trigger my inputs, but that would get messy fast.

Thanks!

It wasn't invasive in this case as my alarm panel provides sockets for wiring into the output signals without soldering. There are 6x 12v outputs, so I just dropped them down to 4v and connected them to the digital inputs on the Arduino. If your alarm panel has similar outputs then you should just need to unscrew the cover and clip your wires in.

Guangzhou zhi cheng Industry Co., Limited is leading professional seucirty alarm products manufacturer and electronic product supplier in China .She was established in 2006 ,located in China's electronics market center - Shenzhen,
We are mainly for the home security alarm products ,home security alarm system accessories and other electronic products supply, such as the GSM alarm system ,MMS gam alarm system ,transformer security alarm system ,phone line wireless or wied alarm ,PIR detector ,window-door sensor ,somke detector ,gas detector,personal alarm ,Digital Photo Frame and so on
In order to provide high Quality products and services,We carry out the strictly quality control system ensuring all products delivered are 100% qualified. and all of the finished goods are inspected in strict compliance with Standards. In the same time , our company also building up the perfect after-sales service and technical support to solve any problem and questions form the customers.welcome the OEM and ODM service.
We are welcome all of the business partners to contact with us , if you require any assistant on the products. just let us know ,we will offer you quality products at reasonable and competitive prices, as well as good after-sales service.
Enterprises purpose ------ There is a starting point, there is no end
The spirit of enterprise ------ unity, integrity, innovation, pragmatism
Management philosophy -------satisfaction is our relentless pursuit,
Dealing with a people---------centered, discovery, nurturing, encouragement
A first-class enterprises goal -------brand, do first-class enterprises, and to the international development
Guangzhou zhi cheng Industry Co., Limited , will always be with you on the same starting line, the guidelines do your best and the best business partners, let us dream together chase, a success...

hot line: +86 755 3320 2608
contacts : zhi yang

Sorry to post on an old thread - but what alarm system are you using?

That looks cool!
I made a pressure pad and wired it up to the arduino to count pulses
and save the number to the EEPROM. It did not work. Maybe if I got
it working I could make it like this?