Looking for arduino projects

Hello,

My name is janvier and i have started a new community called Duino's Playground.
This is a community driven website where people can post, share and discuss there arduino projects.
However, we are looking for Arduino projects we can use on our website.
In the future we are looking into tutorials and such.
I would like to ask if we can use your projects for our website.
All credits and copyrights will be posted to the original owners.

Dont forget to sign up at our forums at http://www.duinosplayground.com/community/
There you can post your projects and share them with all the members.
If you like to know more about this, please send me an email back to this email address or community@duinosplayground.com.

Thanks for taking time on this email.

With friendly
greetings Janvier
Owner of http://www.duinosplayground.com

EDIT, updated the tittle + post

look at your PM

On-Hold untill website is finished.

Website finished, take a look at:

http://www.duinosplayground.com

Nice Logo...

....looks familiar!

?

"we have to use it" :frowning:

Read => http://arduino.cc/en/Trademark/CommunityLogo

Thanks for the link, I remember seeing it before, but had forgotten about it.

How do you get around...

"The Arduino Community Logo can NOT be used on products or services that are sold commercially and in no case on electronic boards (also non commercial)."

Particularly, the bit about not being "on electronic boards (also non commercial)"

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to see sites like yours, just a bit confused about the usage. Either way your site looks great and seems a useful way to publicize projects, that don't get covered on the main Arduino Blog. I guess the Arduino guys can only showcase a lot less than 1% of the projects out there, so there is definitely an opportunity for more projects being showcased.

Your more then welcome to help me out :wink:
If you want to change something, you can just tell me and ill look at it :wink:

I always thought "electronic boards" meant electronic circuit boards?

If it means electronic bulletin boards, forums, etc, then the prohibition seems to contradict earlier statements on that same page ...

We want to make sure people can identify projects, initiatives and activities coming .. from the passionate community around the globe, (including) online content focused on Arduino.

The customised logo can be used on ... any public platform you are using to self-organize and communicate

I always thought "electronic boards" meant electronic circuit boards?

@Hackscribble : That's probably it. Good spot :slight_smile:
(I was thinking electronic board - as in - bulletin board about electronics)

Thanks for the clarification.

So it seems like a pretty open & flexible permission, which is very refreshing these days.

@janvier123 : Sorry about the confusion, keep up the good work & best of luck with the new site :slight_smile:

AnalysIR:
@Hackscribble : That's probably it. Good spot :slight_smile:
(I was thinking electronic board - as in - bulletin board about electronics)

Thanks for the clarification.

So it seems like a pretty open & flexible permission, which is very refreshing these days.

@janvier123 : Sorry about the confusion, keep up the good work & best of luck with the new site :slight_smile:

Thx, i wish more ppl would use the site, i have very little ppl on the website and none of them posted :frowning:
There is something that keeps members away, or something .....

Have a look at how Hackaday & Dangerous Prototypes do it. I regularly visit those sites to find interesting projects and also Make (which I think is a different model)

Quality content with regular updates.

My guess is that it takes a lot of time and effort to build traffic, engagement and a community. Think years rather than weeks or months. Having a unique 'differentiator' always helps. There should be lots of resources online about driving web traffic, but its never easy.

A lot of it is to do with Search traffic (eg SEO), unless you have an existing well established brand.

TIP: Put your site into Alexa.com (or similar) and compare with rankings of other similar ones.

(If I get some time over the next week or 2, I will post a project.)

AnalysIR:
Have a look at how Hackaday & Dangerous Prototypes do it. I regularly visit those sites to find interesting projects and also Make (which I think is a different model)

Quality content with regular updates.

My guess is that it takes a lot of time and effort to build traffic, engagement and a community. Think years rather than weeks or months. Having a unique 'differentiator' always helps. There should be lots of resources online about driving web traffic, but its never easy.

A lot of it is to do with Search traffic (eg SEO), unless you have an existing well established brand.

TIP: Put your site into Alexa.com (or similar) and compare with rankings of other similar ones.

(If I get some time over the next week or 2, I will post a project.)

yey thx

Full overhaul of the website, i hope you like it :wink:

Website update!

What do you think is missing ???

Hi, I have a project for you if you are interessted. I have something that i want/need to do, but I have NO idea how to do it.

I have a small brewery that I'm trying to upgrade a bit. As you may know, during brewing the temperatures are very important and needs to be monitored. I am at the moment using an Arduino Uno with a ds18b20 sensor and a esp8266 wifi tranciever, and a LCD display.
I have a good working sketch for this that sends the sensor data to an IoT site that's called Thingspeak.com. You can check out one of my channels there ( channel ID 36999).
I also have this uploaded to my website
The thing I need to get to work is my gsm shield for the arduino. I need it to send me a sms if the temperatures are moving over or below a set point, and keep sending me sms every 30 min. or so until the temperature is back to normal.
I have no idea how to do this, and hope someone can help me with it... :slight_smile:

As you already have a connection to your web server via wifi, it may be easier to find an online service to send the sms(or just send an email from your webserver, if your phone has an email function).

Might be worth looking at IFTTT (IF This Then That), which is an easy way to make this hookup.

If you want someone to do this for you, then it may be worth visiting the gigs & collaboration part of this forum.

Thhanks, but the problem is, I have no idea how to do any of these things... :slight_smile:

iam looking for projects to be posted on my site, iam not looking for the actual coding / work
Finished projects, i gather them on my site for other arduino users to give them ideas and be inspired by others