USB ports in Windows - cleaning the registry

Hi, after having some issues with my arduino leonardo bootloader I have noticed that my computer sees my leonardo as a teesy which I used in previous projects (teensyduino is still installed). So I downloaded USBDeview to have a look at my computer USB devices installed or previously installed and saw that there is an awful lot of stuff which probably I don't need and can only cause conflicts.

I have never tried to edit the register in Windows so I have got to be cautions.
Anyone knows a software to clean all these entry safely (or a safe way to do it manually?)

Thanks

fluxia:
I have noticed that my computer sees my leonardo as a teesy which I used in previous projects

This problem may be be caused by uploading to your Leonardo when you accidentally still had a Teensy board selected from the Arduino IDE's Tools > Board menu. If so, the problem should be resolved by uploading any sketch to the Leonardo with Tools > Board > Arduino Leonardo selected.

Thanks, and you may be right... I think I did that at some point by mistake, however for some reason uploading using the correct setting didn't do the trick.

I followed the advice of ron_sutherland in this thread and that worked.

Unfortunately I also tried to remove some USB devices using USBDview and now my arduino leonardo and teensy are no longer recognised by the IDE. The arduino uno, on the contrary, reinstalled its drivers as soon as connected. Now when I connect the leonardo my computer say that no driver has been found. I have directed to arduino drivers but no luck.

I must say that I changed the device name, PID and PIV of the my leonardo and the teensy (I used them as midi controllers).
I am not very familiar with this stuff (PID, PIV) and I have only followed tutorials like this one to change the name MIDI device with a name of your choice.

I guess I need to learn a bit about it....