I'm having trouble about running 4 servos with arduino.

Hello!
We're trying to build 4 degree of freedom robotic arm, but before I need to be able to run 4 sg90 servo motors with arduino, so I used an external power supply(9V Duracell alkaline). However, I can't run all of them at the same time. One of them is not working every time. I tried to change the servo motor and the pin but nothings happened. I used the codes and the circuit ehich are in this application. ( Controlling Multiple Servo Motors with Arduino)

By the way, I'm kind a new in the forum, and I don't know the rules properly. I read the how to use this forum articles, but english is not my mother language, so if I made a mistake, please let me know.

As you have discovered, 9V batteries are useless for motors, especially servos, which require 5 to 6V.

Servos require a surprising amount of power. A good rule of thumb is 1 Ampere per servo, so a 5 to 6V, 4 Ampere power supply will handle 1 to 4 servos of most (but not all) types.

A 5xNiMH AA battery pack will handle 2 servos. Don't forget to connect the grounds.

ALTAYLI00:
if I made a mistake, please let me know.

You're only supposed to ask a question once afaik.

My question is still the same as in your other thread:

neiklot:
Why are you running 5-6V servos off 9V?

Hi,

You need better power for sure...

The servos need 5 to 6 volts at perhaps 1 to 2 amps. So separate external power supply is needed. 5V to servos, external power supply ground connected to Arduino ground.

For the arduino, separate power. Wall wart of equivalent, like 9V 1A to external power.

the 9V alkaline won't work.

You MAY be able to use 4 AA NiMH batteries to run both Arduino 5V and the servos.

terryking228:
Hi,

You need better power for sure...

The servos need 5 to 6 volts at perhaps 1 to 2 amps. So separate external power supply is needed. 5V to servos, external power supply ground connected to Arduino ground.

For the arduino, separate power. Wall wart of equivalent, like 9V 1A to external power.

the 9V alkaline won't work.

You MAY be able to use 4 AA NiMH batteries to run both Arduino 5V and the servos.

jremington:
As you have discovered, 9V batteries are useless for motors, especially servos, which require 5 to 6V.

Servos require a surprising amount of power. A good rule of thumb is 1 Ampere per servo, so a 5 to 6V, 4 Ampere power supply will handle 1 to 4 servos of most (but not all) types.

A 5xNiMH AA battery pack will handle 2 servos. Don't forget to connect the grounds.

Thank you all for your helpful answers. I'll try your suggestions and inform you.

neiklot:
You're only supposed to ask a question once afaik.

My question is still the same as in your other thread:

My other thread was deleted, because I wrote it in the false topic, so I couldn't read your question. Also, there was a 9v battery in the application which I shared with you. That's why I used it.