Unknown error that doesn't appear when verifying on Arduino IDE

yeowjoon99:
Oh i downloaded it from the Tevo Tornado Owners group on facebook.

Argh. I hate closed Facebook groups. So this is not the official firmware. That makes it a bit less attractive to me as a demonstration of the bug. I had previously encountered this bug when compiling my own code but it's really messy so I wanted to use some more mainstream code to use as a demonstration in my bug report so I don't get the "well look at this code, no wonder" sort of reaction. So I was excited to encounter the same bug when compiling the Tornado firmware.

yeowjoon99:
I'll definitely read up on the bug you reported in your link so that i might be able to avoid the same issues in the future as i'll be using arduino create more frequently now :smiley:

It's pretty interesting. The original error in that issue report bears no resemblance to the one you encountered but luckily one of the Arduino developers dug into the issue a bit and determined it was caused by inline comments after a macro definition. I noticed your error was also due to a comment and so that was the clue I needed to resolve it by simply putting those comments on their own line instead of having them inline with the macro definition. There are a lot of other inline comments so it is possible you might encounter the same sort of error if you modify the Marlin configuration. At least the fix is pretty easy once you understand the problem.