Arduino no ouput

I noticed that at one point the IDE gave me a "Non-Native Port" warning. So I decided to start from scratch with the Uno with the Grove shield and luminance sensor on what was probably USB 1 on the motherboard rather than some of the higher USB ports, just in case these other higher ports were 'non-native'.

Test configuration for the Uno on what was probably USB 1 or 2 was:

IDE 1.6.12

Checked in Windows Device manager and it showed 'Arduino Uno (Com 3)'. Also showing Com 1.

In the IDE I selected Com3 (Arduino Uno).

IDE 'Get board info' gives 'Arduino Uno'.

IDE 'Board' shows Arduino Uno.

IDE 'Programmer' shows 'AVRISP mkII'.

Verify/Compile OK.

Upload looks OK.

Serial Monitor shows the Luminance sensor scrolling output OK.

So, it looks like that setup with the Uno-Base Shield, and luminance sensor worked OK.

Next I disconnected the Uno and replaced it with the Due in the same configuration and got:

Win 7 Device Manager shows Communication port Com 1 and Arduino Due programming port (Com 4).

In the IDE I have a choice of Com 1, or Com 4 Arduino (Programming port) and chose Com4.

IDE 'Board Info' shows 'Arduino Due'.

IDE board selected is Arduino Due (Programming port)

IDE programmer shows AVRISP mkII

Verify/Compile OK.

Upload shows an error message 'No device found on Com 4.

Heres the verbose error message from upload:

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Due (Programming Port)"

Sketch uses 15,732 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524,288 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM4
C:\Users\PCs R US\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.6.1-arduino/bossac.exe -i -d --port=COM4 -U false -e -w -v -b C:\Users\PCSRUS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_337373/GroveLuminance1.ino.bin -R
Send auto-baud
Set binary mode
No device found on COM4
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Kind of looks like a Com port assignment problem of some kind. Any comments appreciated.