Looking for 1-wire LED with built in IC like WS2813

Is there any LED that could be addressed with 1-wire protocol and packaged as single led with built in IC.
Similar to WS2812b and WS2813. I am looking for led to be used in very large panel outside of enormous resolution like 2K or even 4K dotwise
Maybe someone used such leds.

Thanks

Would 1-wire be fast enough to update 4K LEDs in a reasonable time?

PaulRB:
Would 1-wire be fast enough to update 4K LEDs in a reasonable time?

What's my other alternative?

Deous:
What's my other alternative?

Well, obviously there is the data format used by ws2812/3. That uses one wire, but not "1-wire". But even with that protocol, with 4000 LEDs you would not get more than a few updates per second.

If that's not fast enough either, there is hardware that can send updates simultaneously on 8 channels using Teensy boards and the "octows2811" library.

The other alternative is the apa10x LEDs. These use a 2-wire system that is capable of much higher data rates, in theory.

I am looking for led to be used in very large panel outside of enormous resolution like 2K or even 4K dotwise
Maybe someone used such leds.

If you want the lowest cost per pixel, look at RGB panels with the HUB75 interface. The interface is complex with multiple wires but the cost per pixel is much lower than the cost per WS281x or APA10x pixel. The panels are designed to be chained together to build video walls. A fast CPU is required such as Teensy 3 or Raspberry Pi, a HUB75 interface board, and software libraries. However, fewer people use these types of complex displays so you may not be able to get help from other people.

The other alternative is the apa10x LEDs. These use a 2-wire system that is capable of much higher data rates, in theory.

I agree here.. Using the APA102 (DOTSTARS)... might work better in this scenario.

• They can be updated faster.
  • They do NOT need to be constantly updated either.. once set.. they just hold whatever the last 'color' sent was.

Maybe use the FastLED library instead as well?