Arduino and Servos losing power

slipstick:
It sounds like you're trying to use a resistive voltage divider which is really bad way to supply lots of current to 4 servos. Just your 2 resistors are already drawing 9 / 4 = 2.25A out of the 2A power supply before the servos even start up.

MG995s have a stall current of 1.2A so for 4 of them you really need a separate 6V 5A(at least) power supply. The weedy little 9V 2A supply is probably enough to supply the Arduino and any sensors involved.

BTW pots have no objection to 5V or more. It's the analog pins that you probably have them connected to that you will kill.

Steve

Steve, thanks for taking the time to reply. I see what you mean about the pots and analog pins, makes sense. I'm new to this whole Arduino thing and learning as I go, it's definitely a lot of fun!

So it looks like you're suggesting dropping the 9v, 2a supply in favor of a 6v, 5a (or more) power supply. Makes sense and I'll give it a shot. Will this 6v supply be enough to supply the Uno board as well? I was told by a fellow classmate that dropping the input voltage for the barrel connector below 7v could cause issues with the Uno, but if you think it will be fine I will go ahead and get a power supply that is capable of more current and that doesn't have to run through those resistors which eat up a lot of the current.

Thanks!