Will this screen work and how

Hi I'm new to arduino I'd like to know would this screen work
http://imall.iteadstudio.com/im120419001.html
With the mini pro arduino. I'm trying to make a smart watch if these aren't compatible please suggest alternatives.
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:
Andrew

would this screen work

Yes looks like it would.

However, unless you can find a library then you will have to write the code yourself which might be beyond you at the moment.

Edit.
Just looked at the web site deeper and there are libraries for the arduinio.

Part number is ITDB02-1.8SP
And it is on the Imall website

http://henningkarlsen.com/electronics/library.php?id=51

Wow thanks I've never used a forum before you've been a great help will this work with the pro mini arduino :wink:

will this work with the pro mini arduino

Yes

Are you sure as it isn't listed in the compatablilty

Yes I am very sure.

Well thank you very much!!!!!! :smiley:

If it will work with an UNO it would work with a Pro-Mini but some Pro-Minis are 3.3V. That would be perfect for this display because it is 3.3V as well. If your Pro-Mini is a 5V version then you may need to provide level conversion using a CD4050 or CD4050E , or 74LVC245 ic. All the pins on the interface are inputs. (see attached diagram)

74HC4050_CNV (1).pdf (37.9 KB)

74LVC4245A.pdf (323 KB)

CD74HC4050E.pdf (437 KB)

SCL & SDA are I2C signal names and the description says it is serial so if you are not familiar with I2C you may want to learn something about that and you may (or may not) need 4.7k ohm pullup resistors on SDA (to A4) and SCL (to A5) which are shown in attached image

PRO-MINI_ADDRESS_PINS.png

SCL & SDA are I2C signal names and the description says it is serial

Yes but if you look at the sample code you will see it is not I2C, sometimes these names are used for SPI or SPI like interfaces because they are serial as well as I2C.

For 1.8inch SPI TFT LCD
*************************/
 //#define [signalname] [Pro-Mini pin#]
#define SCL 6 
#define SDA 7
#define RS 8
#define WR 9
#define CS 10
#define RST 11

Right you are...