Portable console

First of all, thank you very much everybody. I'm glad you like my project.

DuaneB:
the enclosure, whatever it is

The enclusure is made with leather & brass. Steam punk FTW.

strykeroz:
Have you ever utilised the SD card slot? They also have pins for an I2C interface - have you tried this and is there any difference to the functionality?

I didn't used the SD card slot as there is no bitmaps in this project. I tried to use bitmaps for my game, but it uses far too much RAM. I didn't tried I2C because :

• I didn't know it was possible
  • I2C is slower than SPI
  • The library I use is written in SPI

The problem with SPI screens is the time to send data to the screen. Don't even try to refresh the whole screen for each frame. You have to erase each element and then draw it again further to limit the amount of pixel to refresh. Look in the Conway's GOL, you can see the "wave" of refreshing when the screen is full of cells. I want to try a screen with a 8bit port to see how fast it is.

DuaneB:
I have added a new section to my blog

Woaw, I'm impressed and flattered you use my project as an example. Thank you a lot. (Just something : you should use the link I gave in this topic, because your link point to the "Leather" tagged posts instead of the post itself)

Again, thank you everybody. I hope my english is not too bad (as I'm french) and you understand what I mean.

PS : Another game is coming soon, a game far better than the first one... stay tuned !