"cmd": executable file not found in %PATH%

hello everyone, I has problem in this case.

error message exec: "cmd": executable file not found in %PATH%
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino 101.

I try to uninstall Arduino IDE and delete folder in \AppData\Local\Arduino15\ and new install again, but problem is still happen. I use Windows10. Before this it worked well .

Is this related to the problem posted by the other new member 'chanin' in this thread?:-
(Are you also 'chanin'?)
'core\core.a'; reason: Permission denied.....how to fix

I couldn't help noticing the identical wording:-

.....and new install again, but problem is still happen. I use Windows10. Before this it worked well .

and the fact that both were posted within 15 minutes of each other

If it is related, it's better if both problems are mentioned in the same thread, and one or the other deleted

No, i'm not chanin.

I've try to fix this like him and then i'll copy him's message and edited to post

I'm sorry I'm not good at English

error.jpg

Topkhung:
No, i'm not chanin.

I've try to fix this like him and then i'll copy him's message and edited to post

I'm sorry I'm not good at English

No problem. That explains it.

I don't know how to fix your problem, but this will bump it back up to the top again, and hopefully someone familiar with this problem will see it and suggest a cure.

Which Arduino IDE are you using? A common fix for some problems like this is to uninstall, then install a more stable version of the IDE.

I can personally vouch for IDE V1.6.5. It's very stable.

hi, OldSteve

I use version IDE 1.6.9. I've try to use another board such as Intel Edison,Uno,Mega it's work.

this problem happened in a few day when i back to use Genuino 101 (intel curie) .but before this it worked i can compile and upload to board.

this problem happened only in Intel curie boards package version 1.0.6

solved i comment error line in AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\arc32\1.0.6\platform.txt

from

recipe.hooks.objcopy.preobjcopy.1.pattern=cp -f "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" "{build.path}/../arduino101_sketch.debug.elf"
recipe.hooks.objcopy.preobjcopy.1.pattern.windows=cmd /C copy /y "{build.path}{build.project_name}.elf" "{build.path}..\arduino101_sketch.debug.elf"

to

##recipe.hooks.objcopy.preobjcopy.1.pattern=cp -f "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" "{build.path}/../arduino101_sketch.debug.elf"
##recipe.hooks.objcopy.preobjcopy.1.pattern.windows=cmd /C copy /y "{build.path}{build.project_name}.elf" "{build.path}..\arduino101_sketch.debug.elf"

Thank you soo much!