New member here...is this offer legit?

https://kit.inventr.io/orderform11

I saw this ad on Facebook and it looked like a decent starter kit for a good deal but I have no idea if this reputable or not?Dont really want to give my credit card info for something that may not be legit.Thanks and hope to see everyone around the forums!

I can't say whether it is legit or not. What I do know is that at least 50% of the stuff in a starter kit will never be used. Figure out what you want, and buy those things.

I think you are referring to th UNO R3 board from inventr.io ?

Now what's the betting it's a 'counterfeit' device as far as Arduino is concered and therefore not supported at all.

I bought one as it was only only £7.87 (after conversion from dollars) and I can't get Windows 10 device drivers to recognise it.

It is perfectly legitimate to make Arduino clones. The hardware design is Open Source. What is illegal is to include the Arduino Logo and pretend that they are genuine Arduino manufactured boards.

Many of the clones use CH340 USB to TTL serial converters and you will need to install the Windows driver for it. If you use Linux then the driver is already part of the operating system.

...R

I ordered an Arduino on this offer from InventrKits. I can confirm that it is indeed legitimate.
For $9.97 US they sent me (from China):

• An Arduino clone
  • A USB cable
  • A stick of 40 male header pins
  • A pack of 100 LEDs, in white, red, yellow, green and blue. They're typical 5mm LEDs, but are nice and bright.
  • By email, the two e-books. The 10 weekend projects one isn't just Arduino projects, there are a few projects for other microcontrollers in there as well (Raspberry Pi, ESP8266, NodeMCU)

Incidentally, the LED pack was the cheapest of the possible 'extras' in the listed options for the deal. The LED's are a nice extra. They're always useful. I'm left curious as to what the 'mystery item' is though. They sent me what was promised though, so I can't complain.

Notes:

• This Arduino board has a CH340 rather than an FTDI or ATMega 16U2 like an official Arduino. For me at least, on MacOS 10.14.4 I didn't need to install any extra drivers. It just worked. I don't think I've installed drivers before.
  • It has some neat extra pinouts below the ICSP header that the official Arduino doesn't have.
  • All the typical pins have unpopulated soldering points beside them, which is nice since it gives you the option to make soldered connections.

Couple things about the board's LED's:

• All the LEDs are red rather than green power and yellow RX, TX and pin 13 LED.
  • The RX and TX labels for those LED's are wrong, they're switched with each other. RX is TX and TX is RX. That's my biggest complaint.
  • The TX label writing is upside down.

I guess with the extra LEDs and shipping, it was an ok deal.

It says this on their "Terms of Service":

"We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free."

I would buy a cheap but legit starter from amazon, arduino, or another trusted seller.

Robin2 wrote "It is perfectly legitimate to make Arduino clones. The hardware design is Open Source. What is illegal is to include the Arduino Logo and pretend that they are genuine Arduino manufactured boards."

I have a legitimate Arduino Uno R3. It does not look like the picture that is shown at https://kit.inventr.io/orderform11

Mine has an ATMega in DIP form that can be unplugged from a socket. The photo shows a surface mount device. Probably less expensive than a DIP package and a socket, but should not be called an Uno R3.

I received my kit this weekend; connected the wires according to the traffic-light project and connected the USB cable as well as the battery power cable with a 9volt battery. Both online editor as well as the IDE for the desktop (tried Windows 7 and Mac OSX) could not connect to the board.
I will try to write a bootloader this evening, as well as a different USB cable, but am open to suggestions what else to try to upload a sketch to the board...

What is the difference between ARDUINO NANO EVERY WITH HEADERS and ARDUINO NANO EVERY, without headers ?. What are the headers?

@john_flowertim1

Headers are the pins that allow you to plug them into a breadboard or insert jumper cables such as the DUPONT cables in to get to a sensor or similar.

They come in various styles and pitches and are quite cheap but most certainly useful for both noobs and experts alike.

Bob.

Thanks for the info! I'm just looking for this information ;D

JoeIskor:
Looks like scam be careful

What looks like a scam?

...R

Old thread. New post. I'd say scam. It's been 30 days and I've received nothing other than public links to two beyond basic ebooks. No shipping notice, no board, no LEDs, nothing.

alansbarnes:
Old thread. New post. I'd say scam. It's been 30 days and I've received nothing other than public links to two beyond basic ebooks. No shipping notice, no board, no LEDs, nothing.

The Reply that I referred to in Reply #11 seems to have been deleted.

So, let me repeat, what scam are you referring to? If you don't tell us how can other people avoid it?

...R

The site doesn't have much authority. I would never to buy anything from such sites. Better to go with a reliable option.

alansbarnes:

I ordered on the 3rd October, received my products this morning. It appears they are a small company (I have had some email contact over the waiting period), who are manufacturing (legally) UNO clones. As said on a previous post, the built-in led is not green. Why didn't they just manufacture it with a green LED, ffs?? I can successfully upload a compiled "sketch" (script), according to the output messages in the Arduino app (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND not installing the Windows Store version of the app, download the XP+ installer...), but no corresponding indication from the board that it is running the code, except for when the upload initiated, one of the two red LED's on the board started blinking rapidly for a second. Some digging, and it appears I need to manually connect an LED to the board - this was not immediately indicated in the instructions. The pack I received may or may not have all the component parts needed to accomplish the task, but I don't know yet, as I have never done hardware/electronics setups before.

TL;DR I do not think it is a scam. I think they could do with providing better instructions, and while I wait for an email reply, I am convinced they didn't sell me everything I need to complete even the Basic/BLINK sketch/script, specifically resistors and maybe wires....

havent received mine either...

How long have you been waiting so far for yours? I was considering getting it but not too sure because it could be too good to be true

Hini'm new here. I have receive the uno kit today.

Today (12 November 2019) I have received the board including the advance kits and the mystery gift (50 led light).

The motherboard that I have received is not a 100% genuine product but a cheap clone unit from China. I have tried this board by following the guide (so-called free 2 E-Book) but the problem is the software (Arduino 1.8.10) does not recognize the board.

Is there any expert/professional able to assist me? Because it is not cheap for me to buy this unit and I hope that I can use this board.