Did I fry my Arduino?

I'm no expert, but I've been playing with this Arduino for a year now. The only thing I've done since it worked last is I probably overloaded the 5V output. However the 5V pin still reads 4.8V. And the Arduino is still running my last sketch because I can see the Serial.println output on the serial monitor.

Does the following give any clues on what went bad? Do I chuck it or try to fix it?

thanks,
David

When I try to upload a new sketch I get this:

Sketch uses 9,530 bytes (33%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
Global variables use 380 bytes (14%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,180 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.
Found programmer: Id = ""; type = à
Software Version = .à; Hardware Version = .à

avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't
a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?
the selected serial port a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?
does not exist or your board is not connected

Never mind! When switching boards the IDE switched platforms on me too. I wasn't compiling/deploying to an Arduino Uno. Stupid error ... see ... I said I'm no expert.

schneidp20:
Stupid error ... see ... I said I'm no expert.

Now you are THE expert :smiley:

No, you did not fry out your Arduino, as i know arduino can be powered by maximumof 12v. I have fried out 2 Arduino Nanos and its fixible, but I have Arduino Uno that i over powered lot of times, and it just restart it self. And may i know your Arduino model?