Arduino Yun AJAX/XHR Error:0 during Arduino Configuration Wizard

Hey guys,

I have been trying to connect my Arduino Yun to my Wifi and configure the settings. I am working on a Windows computer and I go to the address of 192.168.240.1 to connect to the yun. Then after I use the default password to login I finish the configuration wizard and about 10 to 20% in I receive the AJAX/XHR Error:0. Some times the arduino will complete the full 100% and try to redirect me to arduino.local, but i then get a DNS error while the arduino only has the ON LED lit.

I have read multiple forums and still have not figured out the issue. From what I have seen on most logins when people are inputting their password to start they have a screen that says Arduino Yun, but mine just has a green background and a text box for my password. Is this normal or is this updated from 2014? If anyone could help me find out how to setup my Arduino Yun.

Thanks

Hello All,

I have the same problem.

Regards

I have the same problem, I bought my YUN recently when I want to connect to Wifi the configuration setup is going till 10% and then stuck there for hours.

Hello, i have the same issue. I bought my arduino yun one week ago.When I want to connect Wifi the configuration setup is going till 10% and then stuck there for hours.
I rebooted arduino many times and then I repeated all steps with different browsers but with the same result.
I use windows 10 as OS.

Three things to try:

1. Restoring Arduino Yun to default factory settings
  2. Connect Yun with Ethernet cable directly to router
  3. Try different browser Use IE as browser

Hello guys,

I come up with solution, I worked almost 20 days in finally find out what is the problem and how to solve it:

First of all,while configuration when it show a message ( AJAX/XHR Error:0xxxxxx) is generated when the configuration is being Saved next a notification that the Yun is offline is then shortly followed by this error, then notification of being online is show actually first connecting to Arduino yun(which acts as access point at beginning) after that connection lost with Arduino yun AC so it says you are offline!.

Next while the configuration finish for some people the setup process till 10%for some 100% but still AJAX/XHR ERROR.

Finally when the setup completes 90% it actually asks you to please redirect to Arduino.local and and popup comes to screen.

Lets discuss the solution now:

1- I think the issue with (offline/online) is solved , don't take this setup serious just ignore it.because its just about you disconnection with Arduino YUN ACCESS POINT.

2- Coming to 10% setup is slow browser please use (chrome) is recommended. In case you are using another browser please clean the cache first.

3- Now, coming to the important part :o
Every wifi has privacy setting, which locks the communication between two devices in same network(YUN with PC).

What you need to do is please change privacy setting of your wifi to allow device communication. By default it is on , please turn if off. Now try to login you will successfully able to login through Arduino.Local.

4- Please don't change Arduino YUN OS or anything else it will just destroy your YUN nothing else. Don't install any Bonjour program incase you are using MAC because the program already there.

5- Please don't try 192.168.240.1 after you connect with a wifi because the wifi gives your YUN a new IP to know the NEW IP of YUN please RUN Arduino IDE>Examples>Bridge>Wifi Status

The bridge will shorty list overall information with the NEW IP on Serial Monitor.

Please let me know if you need more help.

#PeaceforAFG

Hi mm17,
i have the AJAX/XHR error 0 too.
i dont get ur point 3:

What you need to do is please change privacy setting of your wifi to allow device communication. By default it is on , please turn if off. Now try to login you will successfully able to login through Arduino.Local.

at first u say, i have to allow device communictioin, then u say, it on by default and i have to turn it off. Whats right?
And does 3. help me to avoid the AJAX/XHR error or is it just for finding the Arduino through .local?
ty for ur answer and best regards
pelemele