connecting xbee s2 with pro mini 3.3v

Hi

Can I power xbee from my pro mini (3.3v) ? if yes which pin on the arduino should I use to connect to
pin 1 on xbee ?

My understanding is that xbee s2 needs maximum 40 mA, so arduino can provide it without needing a separate power supply in the project.

Let me know if there are any other better ways to accomplish the same.

Can I power xbee from my pro mini (3.3v) ?

Some XBees, yes.

if yes which pin on the arduino should I use to connect to
pin 1 on xbee ?

Any one you like.

My understanding is that xbee s2 needs maximum 40 mA

Some do. Some need a LOT more than that.

I am planning to use below xbee model

XB24-Z7WIT-004

can this be powered directly from arduino pin ?

abhishek2101:
I am planning to use below xbee model

XB24-Z7WIT-004

can this be powered directly from arduino pin ?

shows that the device takes 3.3V and uses 35 to 38 milliAmps. You can not power that (safely) from a digital pin - the voltage will be too high, on most Arduinos. It can be powered from the 3.3V pin.

I am using pro mini 3.3v, as per the spec

The I/O pins for 3.3v pro mini spits out 3.3v and 40mA current. So, I should be ok or am I missing something ?

So, I should be ok or am I missing something ?

You should be, but you are near the maximum current that a pin can provide safely. Do you plan to turn the XBee off and on for some reason?

I will be logging data from BME280 sensor to my computer running python over serial connectivity every 5 min, so Ideally all components should sleep for 5 min and then wake up, take reading, send data and go back to sleep again.

You should read up on how to put the XBee to sleep. Turning the power off is really not a good idea. Like getting whacked with a baseball bat instead of taking a sleeping pill.

I plan to put components to sleep rather than power off. Any pointers where can I get good information about making xbee sleep ?