Newbie looking for a rather simple sketch

Hey guys! (I love this site btw!) I can tell I'm going to be on here all the time just soaking everything up I can!

Here's my dilemma. I'm trying to have a small weight attached to my servo motor lower (theoretically anyway), onto a push-button, which would then tell my Arduino Uno to bring the weight back up to the top to repeat the cycle. Fall, trigger, rise, fall, trigger, rise, etc. And the time it would take to pull the weight back up would be aprox. 5 seconds.
I've figured out how to properly rig up my breadboard/Uno/servo/switch, I just don't understand this whole new programming language... yet, anyway! (I do already know how to load a sketch and all that)

I would really appreciate any ideas/pre-made sketches that would work from you vets who have already been here and done this. Thank you in advance! I look forward to diving head first into this new world of Arduino.

Hey Guys!
I’m looking to hire someone to build a real quick and easy sketch for a project I’m working on. I’m a full-time student, so cash is really kinda tight right now, but I can still offer you $30 US for your time.
So here’s what I’m looking for in a sketch… (I have an Arduino Uno board if that makes any difference)

1. Weight falls in a slow and controlled manner.
  2. Once at the bottom, the weight triggers a push-button.
  3. Push-button then activates the Arduino sketch program.
  4. Arduino sketch program triggers an actuator motor (to change over the gears at the top to a neutral position to allow the weight to be pulled back up to the top without the gears engaging)
  5. Arduino sketch program then turns on a little hobby DC motor for 10 seconds (highlight that part in your sketch so I can adjust the time if I need to), then the motor stops after the predetermined amount of time and the weight is back up at the top starting position.
  6. Arduino sketch program re-engages the actuator, putting the gears back into place to allow the weight to fall back down slowly again.
  7. Loop for infinity from step 1

If you think you can design this for me, shoot me an e-mail ASAP at: drischl@yahoo.com We can work out payment to whichever method best works for you.
(please* put in little side notes as to what line of code is doing what in the sketch)
Thanks again! Respectfully,

-Daniel

Well before anybody can write code we will need to know what motor driver you are using, and what Arduino is in use. Also, what push button? They can very.

This is also in the wrong spot.

You have two posts. The one to start this thread and then one about this same project from July 2013.

As it is now Feb 2014, it appears that in 7 months or so you have not made any progress on this "idea". No code you have tried, no technical specs on the parts you are using, no specific questions on something you can't get to work.

I would think that would tend to make anyone who might want to write code for you reasonably discouraged you would ever provide sufficient information to create the project, implement their work, or remunerate them for their time.

Oh, and "manner" not "manor".

Hey Guys!

(Apparently my previous post got moved to here; sorry!) But I’m on here looking to hire someone to build a real quick and easy sketch for a project I’m working on. I’m a full-time student, so cash is really kinda tight right now, but I can still offer you $30 US for your time.
Materials I have on hand. An Arduino Uno board, no motor shield, a bread board, a small 5v DC hobby motor, a 4-legged push-button and just about any value resistor you can think of. If I need anything more, it's no problem to run out to the store and pick something up.

So here’s what I’m looking for in a sketch…

1. Weight falls in a slow and controlled manner.
  2. Once at the bottom, the weight triggers a push-button.
  3. Push-button then activates the Arduino sketch program.
  4. Arduino sketch program triggers an actuator motor (to change over the gears at the top to a neutral position to allow the weight to be pulled back up to the top without the gears engaging)
  5. Arduino sketch program then turns on a little hobby DC motor for 10 seconds (highlight that part in your sketch so I can adjust the time if I need to), then the motor stops after the predetermined amount of time and the weight is back up at the top starting position.
  6. Arduino sketch program re-engages the actuator, putting the gears back into place to allow the weight to fall back down slowly again.
  7. Loop for infinity from step 1

If you think you can design this for me, shoot me an e-mail ASAP at: drischl@yahoo.com We can work out payment to whichever method best works for you.
(please* put in little side notes as to what line of code is doing what in the sketch)
Thanks again!
Respectfully,

-Daniel

Topics merged.