[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

lewtwo:
I have documented a "Stack Overflow" problem that I encountered in the standard Arduino IDE .
I note that the same problem exists in your enhanced version.

For details please see the thread:
Compiler Problem: StackOverflowError - Suggestions for the Arduino Project - Arduino Forum

Interesting. This mod is 99.9% pure Arduino Team work. If nobody working on the official version fixes it, you can add it here with details: Issues · eried/Arduino · GitHub and I will try to do my best when I compile a new version/installer to fix it.

lewtwo:
Question:
Where do you store the TEMPLATE file?
I would like to add "Serial.begin (9600);" to mine.

I have three suggestions:
1) Add a an additional HTML help file that outlines the difference between the "enhanced version" and the "standard" version. Include things like new name for the "preferences file" and relocation of the "user library file". Personally I replaced the HTML files in new reference directory with stubs that point back to the original "Standard" reference directory because I have edited those files to include additional information, added missing files and added useful web links.

Yeah, as Sembazuru said it is hardcoded right now. It is suggested Issues · eried/Arduino · GitHub but I will eventually try to tackle most of the suggestions when the official new version (1.0.6?) arrives otherwise it will be twice the work (i.e.: Arduino Team decides finally to fix the icons, or the Serialrxtx in windows, or accept any other century old commit, eventually all the "enhancements" should be in the official version, one way or another)

lewtwo:
2) Include a option for the "user library path" in the preferences so that the user does not end up with two copies of their library files if they have both IDEs installed.

You can set a complete different path in my mod, with their own libraries... and then identify both IDEs easily (hint: the ugly icon is the official one)

lewtwo:
3) Do something about the IDE's failure to clean up after itself. The IDE fills the users temp directory with folders that it never deletes. These directories are named something on the order:
console*.tmp
untitled*.tmp
build*.tmp
where the "*" is a long string of digits.
Of course specifying a "build path" in preferences solves the problem for the latter one.

Any particular reason you want that? Mod version has a button to show the compilation directory, it would make no sense if you close the IDE, the opened directory vanished.

Additionally, when the temp folder eventually fills the disk (couples of centuries on any modern PC if you use only arduino, because temps files <1 MB each run), Windows will warn you and offer the cleanup tool (so the decision after all is: 1 microdelay every time you close the IDE, vs 1 minute cleanup every couple years)