HOW TO CONTROL THE RESET BUTTON OF THE ARDUINO BY PROGRAMMING WITHOUT PRESSING

As PaulS suggested in reply #6

Typically, you'd store all the characters in an array, as they are entered, unless the character is a special character, like enter or backspace. If the character IS enter, you do something with the stored data. If the character IS the backspace, you replace the last character in the array with a NULL and decrement the index.

And I don't know how to instruct the arduino that I have given a backspace.

What DTMF tones ARE you able to decode? Presumably, you are able to deal with all 12 keys on the phone - 0 to 9 and # and *. Is that a correct assumption? If so, which one means enter and which one means backspace?

can u give me a sample program with the mentioned criteria. # means a backspace. And I have a decoder for the dtmf so I just have to read the values from it. But in the progrma the arduion will read it

I dont need to press enter arduino automatically interprets it.

Can I suggest that you first write a program on the Arduino that receives the dtmf values and writes them to the Serial monitor ? Then we can give advice on how to store them and compare them with the unlock code.

Well I want to know how to do this:-

Typically, you'd store all the characters in an array, as they are entered, unless the character is a special character, like enter or backspace. If the character IS enter, you do something with the stored data. If the character IS the backspace, you replace the last character in the array with a NULL and decrement the index.

So, we're in the Programming section, we're at reply #32 and we still haven't seen your code.
Is this a Project Advice question or Gigs and Collaborations?

Well I want to know how to do this:-

char denseUser[20];
byte pointless = 0;

void loop()
{
    char someCrap = getDTMFTone();
    switch(someCrap)
    {
        case '#':
           if(pointless >= 0)
           {
              denseUser[pointless] = '\0';
              pointless--;
           }
           break;

case '*':
           // Do something with the data on denseUser;
           pointless = 0;
           break;

default:
           if(pointless < 19)
           {
              denseUser[pointless++] = someCrap;
           }
           break;
   }
}

Well I didnt get u

void loop
{
if((a==0)&&(b==0)&&(c==0)&&(d==1))
{
{
{
{
{
//my program here
}
}
}
}
}

you all would be knowing hoe to declare four digital pins as input and naming their input values as a, b, c, d.
the passcode here is 1111.
what I want to know is how to go back from the 3rd "if" statement to the 2nd "if" statement

be knowing hoe to declare

i mean how

what I want to know is how to go back from the 3rd "if" statement to the 2nd "if" statement

Why do you think you need to? If the 3rd if statement is false, loop() will and, and be called again. If there is something in the code you haven't posted that changes the values of a, b, c, and d, then, next time around, presumably they will contain different values.

Well I didnt get u

Nothing I can do about that. I guess that the array name was well chosen.

So you mean to say that if the statement is false then the loop will start again?????

I think it is time you put this idea on the shelf, and took some time to work through some of the programming examples provided in the IDE.

IDE????? full form

The IDE

(Is there something wrong with your '?' key?)

no :stuck_out_tongue:

do u mean to say that it is there in the examples?

Yes, there are examples

ok thanks!!!!!!!!