Vacuum Forming Machine

Hey Guys,

This is my first post ever. Since buying my first Arduino Uno earlier this year, I have been kicking myself for not finding this sooner.
After I got my head around schematics and the various possibilities, I set out to build myself a Vacuum forming machine.

It is remarkable how many compatible devices are available on eBay to build whatever you desire.

Armed with my CC I bought the basic shield, breadboard, cables, various leds, relays, and transformers.
This would become the foundation on which I added pneumatic solenoids, 300mm air cylinders, a vacuum, and heater.

Now I am in the process of adding switches and assembling all the equipment onto a frame before setting up an automatic cycle for the first time.

I expect this machine to be used often. Maybe in its lifetime I expect 5000 plastic forms which will make all the effort worth while.

I'll be posting photos and schematics for everyone to see and comment on regularly.

please do.
I find this extremely interesting.
Best regards
Jantje

Welcome to the forum.

Got a bunch of parts for the machine today.

I've listed them below with their cost and quantity.

2x Double Action 300mm Aluminum Air Cylinder $32.74 AUD each
2x DC 12V 2 Position 5 Way 1/8" Pneumatic Solenoid $12.86 AUD each
2x Solid State Relay 25A 250V (3-32VDC ) $3.92 AUD each
2x Aluminum Heat Sink for Solid State Relay $2.79 AUD each
1x Thermal Grease Conductive Compound $1.00 AUD
4x Pneumatic Speed Flow Control 6 mm OD - 1/8" $2.49 AUD each

This isn't a full part list yet but I'll add and update it as I go.

4ACES:
2x Solid State Relay 25A 250V (3-32VDC ) $3.92 AUD each
2x Aluminum Heat Sink for Solid State Relay $2.79 AUD each

25A 250V that is a serious relay. And the heat sink is pretty big as well. Why do you need 25A? I mean all my jumpers are 20A max.
Most of the other stuff I have lying around XD

Best regards
Jantje

PS hoping to see some pictures and schematics soon