Arduino Yun Project help needed :<h1> internal server Error<h1/> Failed to creat

Hi all,

Hope someone here can help me with my predicament. I'm a newbie hobbyist trying to get a project to work, and the hobby can be somewhat frustrating indeed.

I'm creating a box that by the push of a button will turn on a relay that in it's turn will turn on an outside alarm (beams). There are multiple relays that will change lights and control the gate and garage door.

A big aspect of the alarm is the functionality to control the relays over the internet via an app (netio).

It seems that after a half a day of working perfectly it get the following error and the server on the linux side (i think!) stops working. I have no clue why.

The following error is displayed:

internal server Error

Failed to create CGI process yun

Can anyone help?

attached the screenshot of the app, and the link to the code: May 03, 2022 - Codeshare

zattara:
::::SNIP::::

The following error is displayed:

internal server Error

Failed to create CGI process yun

Can anyone help?

attached the screenshot of the app, and the link to the code: May 03, 2022 - Codeshare

@zattara,

internal server Error means what it says. The server is having a problem. It may be temporary or it may be fatal. You'll need to restart the program or the webserver; it likely won't go away.

#1 You can post your code here. Just make sure to use markups. See image attached.

#2 I looked at your code. It's very clean; nice job.

#3 I did NOT do a complete analysis, but I would make the follow change. You have variable declarations in the section listed below. Move the declarations or make them global.

AGAIN I did not analyse your code, but it appears to me that that bit of code loops until it fails. Some others might say it does not matter, but to me I usually make all declarations outside of the loop. If that does not work, come back I'll look at your code some more.

Lastly, I'm sure other people have things to say.

Jesse

String timeString = date.readString();    
    int firstColon = timeString.indexOf(":");
    int secondColon= timeString.lastIndexOf(":");
    String hourString = timeString.substring(0, firstColon); 
    String minString = timeString.substring(firstColon+1, secondColon);
    String secString = timeString.substring(secondColon+1);

arduino_markup.png