Recommended books to learn introductory electronics.

I've played with some Arduino projects and had a good time learning some basic things. However, I'm totally in awe of the underlying lower-level detail (electronics / electrical engineering) that makes an Arduino controller/board work. I think I need some foundational learning so I can understand the basics of some of these complex circuits.

What books can I use for a introduction to the whole world of electronics? I'd like to even go so far as to understand how code can be converted into machine code and then uploaded to a controller, and executed. Or, if I took a module such as a Bluetooth receiver module and I read the datasheet, how can I begin understanding how to integrate such a component within a larger circuit.

I assume some people can take a whole bunch of components and integrate them into a working circuit very easily. Help me find the right books to get there. Thanks!

Hi, Some suggestions for books HERE

I think MAKE Electronics is the best place to start. I've taught electronics for, um, 40+ years and it's a good clear place to start.

Here some books which I used to learn the basic electronics. Hope that help you.

• Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits-By Anant Agarwal and Jeffrey Lang
    Microelectronic Circuits: By Sedra and Smith
  • Digital Electronic Circuits:-By Morris Mano
  • Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory By Robert Boylestad
  • 8051 Micro controller and Embedded system
  • Beginning Arduino By Michael McRoberts

Absolutely outstanding, for getting started with digital electronics... enough "just do it", but not only that... also a "why did that work?" and some "and what if you change..."?

"Adventures with Micro-electronics", by Tom Duncan, gives an excellent 'hands on' introduction. ISBN 07195-3671-5

ANCIENT! But still valid! You can often get via Amazon, or, failing that, Abebooks.com

See also, if you are feeling kind...

http://flat-earth-academy.com/sci/phys/elec/InSchools.htm

Very good advice.

I advice this youtube channel

Digital electronics is called the core of modern technology. It operates on the digital signal which makes it less noisy and highly efficient than analog circuitry. For this, all the new and more attractive modern gadgets are built upon a digital electronics module. Also, digital circuitries are easy to program and implement according to user choices.

I know there are many varieties of Electronics Books available in the market for one to gain the skills necessary to develop and construct your own functioning gadgets for both beginners and advanced learners. But the most popular one or the one that has the largest number of users in my country is Practical Electronics for Inventors, Fourth Edition for beginners and advanced learners by a noted Paul Scherz, Simon Monk. We all believe it is the widest used textbook in the world for this purpose.

Agrawal and kasakkian have some nice books, youtube has some nice hands on tutorials, this forum is awesome, but you won't really get anything done without googling datasheets and application notes from manufacturers, and anything else of interest. You will learn fastest while doing, just start small, DC, and work your knowledge up from that. Arduino is an awesome tool to learn about electronic circuits. https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/tools/ will bring some principles closer too. It all works pretty simple, but there's a lot of it, and its abstract and almost unimaginably fast

Hi All,
There is a new kid on the block:
"Practical Electronics and Arduino in 8 Hours 2020 edition" that is on the path curved by the Bible, "The Art of Electronics"
I believe it is very fast / "leave no gaps behind" way to begin. It is on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Electronics-Arduino-Hours-2020/dp/B08QDW3R6K