SOLVED: Detatch ferrite magnet from iron

This is a thing I got from an old CD player. It was a linear actuator with these magnets and the coil (and a linear potentiometer and whatnot). I need this coil and the iron bars for an electromagnet. Anyone know how the ferrite magnets are attached to the iron bars? Epoxy? I need to have them removed. They might get destroyed, but I don't mind. Though the magnets look nice and could be reused, if I can remove them unharmed.

magnet.jpg

magnet.jpg

Best guess: some adhesive.

Try a knife, place it in the gap, then gently hit it with a light hammer. Increase force until it breaks off. And be really careful to not cut yourself or the table under it (best put a piece of wood under it to protect knife and table). That's how I've separated hard disk magnets from their metal support (and most actually didn't break).

Someone suggested warming. That might destroy the magnets. Perhaps driving a high current through the iron using a car accu charger. It would warm the iron and perhaps not that much the magnet, before I manage to rip off the magnet.

It was a piece of cake in the end. Just a soft touch with a hammer.