HAVING HUGE AUDIO PROBLEM AND NOT ABLE TO SOLVE IT FOR 3 .TMR pcm lib problem!!!

this code is written by grat scott(Youtube,Instructables)for making your own voice recorder based on TMRpcm library(github).the code islinked below.and the error i am getting is that
USING (ARDUINO nano)

SpyBug.cpp.o: In function button()': C:\Users\AnkurNupu\Desktop\arduino-1.5/SpyBug.ino:46: undefined reference to TMRpcm::startRecording(char*, unsigned int, unsigned char)'
C:\Users\AnkurNupu\Desktop\arduino-1.5/SpyBug.ino:60: undefined reference to TMRpcm::stopRecording(char*)' C:\Users\AnkurNupu\Desktop\arduino-1.5/SpyBug.ino:61: undefined reference to TMRpcm::stopRecording(char*)'

i tried the latest and the older versions if arduino and many other gimmicks like disabling firewalls and many other like editting and including custom made libaries.so pls help in need of all the help i can get.

i hope i get all the help and corrections i need for this problem or else i have to go searching in different blogs and posts .
for more info on who made this project and how it was check out Great Scott in Youtube And Instuctables

PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS help needed iam in very my in need of help

sketch_feb08a.ino (1.75 KB)

I can find no "TMRpcm::startRecording" in the library found here

Post a link to where you got the code from. Please use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make it clickable.

Post a link to where you got the library from. Or if you installed it using Library Manger (Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries) then say so and state the full name of the library.

link of library is GitHub - TMRh20/TMRpcm: Arduino library for asynchronous playback of PCM/WAV files direct from SD card. Arduino Uno,Nano,Mega etc supported

link of project and code ishttp://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Your-Own-Spy-Bug-Arduino-Voice-Recorder/

pls help as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!

PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want anything more just ask immediately i will be checking it continuously :slight_smile:

to everyone

it is just a part of the code where you enter as it is the part of the library.

there was something sating in downloaded code to edit the TMRpcmconfig.h library with a few things(there in the first part of the code)

i did not not modify the library as it told me(i didn't know how to do it) [when i did it many errors were comming too]

So i directly added it in the code and i was getting really lesss errors!!!

pls tell me which arduino version you are using because i thick i was getting different errors with different arduino IDE versions(i even tried the web editor)

PLS PLS PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which board do you have selected in the Tools > Board menu?

ankurnaidu:
PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS help needed iam in very my in need of help

ankurnaidu:
pls help as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!

PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ankurnaidu:
PLS PLS PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this "PLS" crap is not cute and it's not going to help your cause. In fact it could even make some of the forum members not bother to try to help you. It doesn't seem very sincere to use the word "please' if you won't even bother to spell it correctly.

sorry.

Regards,
Ankur S. Naidu

You forgot to answer my question.

sorry, Arduino Nano Atmega 328

ankurnaidu:
i did not not modify the library as it told me(i didn't know how to do it) [when i did it many errors were comming too]

So i directly added it in the code and i was getting really lesss errors!!!

OK, it sounds like you've been mucking around with things so let's start from scratch.

Do this:

• File > Examples > TMRpcm > basic
  • Sketch > Show Sketch Folder - this will open the basic example sketch folder
  • Navigate up two folder levels to the TMRpcm-master (or similar) folder.
  • Delete that folder. Please be very careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt back up!
  • Close all Arduino IDE windows
  • Delete all copies of SpyBug that you have on your computer
  • Download https://github.com/TMRh20/TMRpcm/archive/v1.0.zip
  • Start the Arduino IDE
  • Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library > select the downloaded file TMRpcm-1.0.zip > Open
  • File > Examples > TMRpcm > basic
  • Sketch > Show Sketch Folder - this will open the basic example sketch folder
  • Navigate up two folder levels to the TMRpcm-1.0 folder.
  • Open the file pcmConfig.h in a text editor.
  • Change line 29 from
//#define buffSize 128  //must be an even number

to:

#define buffSize 128  //must be an even number

Change line 75 from:

//#define ENABLE_RECORDING

to:

#define ENABLE_RECORDING

Change line 77 from:

// #define BLOCK_COUNT 10000UL  // 10000 = 500MB   2000 = 100MB

to:

#define BLOCK_COUNT 10000UL  // 10000 = 500MB   2000 = 100MB

After following the above steps, the sketch should compile without errors. If you do encounter and error then do this:

When you encounter an error you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

please wait i will install the latest version of arduino
then post you the errer

which version of arduino are you using because i used to get different'Error Compiling' messages in differnt versions of arduino even in the web editor

I saw somewhere that using older version of arduino is used to fix the error compiling message.

the first error message i posted was in arduino software 1.5 beta

So can you tell which version you used???

I used Arduino IDE 1.8.5. After following the above instructions it compiles for me without error.

You still haven't posted the error.

please wait

Yahoo, it is working

thanks a lot

Regards,
Ankur S. Naidu

Glad to hear it! Enjoy

Per

i will just just if it is recording properly or else i will have to get back to you on this