Wire Two L298n Motor Controllers

I'm trying to power two L298n motor controllers with one 12 volt battery. I've tried daisy chaining them together, but when 4 motors are attached, the first 2 work properly, but the second pair are very slow. I cannot figure out a good way to wire them so that they all get equal power from one battery. I've tried controlling the speed via the appropriate pins, but that did not work either.

H-Bridge

Battery

Motors

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Your motor drivers provide no more than 2A. Your motors have stall currents of 11.5A each and a likely running current of at least 3-4A. I'd say you're trying to use quite unsuitable motor drivers.

Steve

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

I've tried daisy chaining them together, but when 4 motors are attached, the first 2 work properly, but the second pair are very slow.

Daisy chain is the problem, you should be connecting the power input of EACH controller directly back to the power supply terminals, ie Star Connection.

Even though the stall current is 11.5A, the motor is rated at 15W max, so running current 15/12 = 1.25A.
I agree with @slipstick, wrong choice of driver, they are very inefficient and will run quite warm.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
To show how you connected controllers.

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile: