Genuino 101 is asking for 'Genuino 101' driver

Hi,
I'm trying to get a Genuino 101 to connect to Windows. I am running Arduino IDE 1.6.7. I have added the board under board manager and it installed 2 Genuino drivers automatically as stated in the online instructions, but then it asks for this 3rd driver 'Genuino 101' which, under device manager is a device USB\VID_8087&PID_0AB6&MI_00\6&288B3C03&0&0000.

There appears to be no mention of this extra driver anywhere on forums or internet. How do i get past this install step please?

Genuino Driver request screen.JPG

Hi bikerbill,
that's really unexpected since the &MI_00 "device" in not a real device but the composite container and should be handled by Windows default drivers.
Do the board upload and serial monitor work even without installing this driver?

Thanks!

Is that Windows 2000?

actually neither upload nor serial console worked. But to answer the other question - the OS is WinXP !

I tried it on Win10 and no problem at all, everything worked first time, including Blink sketch.

So I guess I just discovered the first thing I care about that doesn't work on XP!

nothing to see here folk, move right along please.

bikerbill:
Hi,
I'm trying to get a Genuino 101 to connect to Windows. I am running Arduino IDE 1.6.7. I have added the board under board manager and it installed 2 Genuino drivers automatically as stated in the online instructions, but then it asks for this 3rd driver 'Genuino 101' which, under device manager is a device USB\VID_8087&PID_0AB6&MI_00\6&288B3C03&0&0000.

There appears to be no mention of this extra driver anywhere on forums or internet. How do i get past this install step please?

I had a similar problem. I solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling curie packet in the boards manager.

XP is known to have poor support for composite USB devices (and no support at all before SP2), but I remember I was able to install the drivers manually on XP SP3 some times ago so I believe it's possible to do it with some Driver manager digging :slight_smile:

Hi,
After installing 1.6.7 on a Windows 7 64 bit PC and testing my Genuino 101 successfully, I now need to connect it to a Windows XP SP3 32 bit PC.

1.6.7 installed OK, Intel Curie Boards installed OK in the Boards Manager and I can open the Curie examples but have hit the same problem as above with driver.

Tried removing/installing the Intel Curie Boards as suggested but no joy.

Can a Genuino 101 be used with XP?

Ditto, same problem on XP SP3.

Anyone know of a driver?

I managed to install the 1.0.5 drivers on Win XP SP3 but it was a two-step manual process: using the included "dpinst" utility and Windows Hardware Wizard.

I opened a command window and went to "C:\Documents and Settings**\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18\drivers"
and ran:
dpinst-x86.exe /lm /sa /sw /se /f /path .

If the hardware Wizard comes up, have it "install from a specific location":
C:\Documents and Settings**\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18\drivers

Reset the board to make sure Windows loads the drivers for the Arduino/Genuino 101 devices - you may have to go through Hardware Wizard one more time.

Brian