Robot Camera  With  2.8" TFT

We make this Robot Camera Kits With 2.8" 65K touch TFT Display (Arduino Compatible)

It includes camera, screen and control board. Control board is placed on the back of the screen. Camera sensor generates image data which is then processed real-timely by control board and displayed on the screen.
The Screen is 2.8 " and 65K color, supporting touch TFT function.
Camera is 30W Pixel OV7670 camera, which can supuly distinct image for normal use.

Control board is integrated with Atmega 32. So it is compatible with Arduino, which makes it possible to communicate with Arduino easily.
Many interfaces on the control board are still reliable, including 4-channel ADC, 1 channel USART, ISP port and 2 channel PWM, which makes function development much easier. :slight_smile:

5V power is supplied to the control board via USB port, without any special requirement for power module.
OV7670 screen's power supply is 2.8 ~ 3.0V, which is TTL level for most of MCU.
TD/SD card can be connected to SPI port, which makes image storage possible.
Camera interface is plug-in mode. It is very easy to connect or disconnect with control board. Control board and camera can be used separately. :slight_smile:

Our module is more powerful, it can achieve:

• TFT take a photograph real time when you need
  • show the picture at the same time
  • storage the picture you take automaticly
  • read data from SD card;
  • read data from TF card;
  • send data to LCD screen for display;
  • read touchscreen input;
  • control touchscreen input by a button
  • get time from RTC.
  • and some other more update

We will release new version soon ,which is more powerful than this version......

More information will update soon............... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Any chance of doing image analyzing, like blob tracking or color tracking, with this thing and an arduino?

I am new guy to this forum.

Wow.......cool :smiley:

But I just wonder that how can it use with Arduino and how it work ?
I am requesting more information.thanks.

Regards

To sciguy

It can do some image analyzing like blob tracking or color tracking when you use with Arduino[ch12289]Arduino sensor brick[ch12289]Robot special sensor . :slight_smile:

Regards

To Jackson :

Thanks for care.
You can use it with Arduino by USB interface through Mini USB or Sonsor shield shield.
You can also connect it to your computer directly by USB cable.

Regards

Looks like the same LCD as this:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1256896315
It also looks like it has the touch screen part on it so can all of the pins be accessed through the pin headers?

You did say ATMega 32... Isn't that a bit lacking on space? :stuck_out_tongue:

Any updates? Ideas of price?

Mowcius

To mowcius :

Our module is more powerful, it can achieve:

• TFT take a photograph real time when you need
  • show the picture at the same time
  • storage the picture you take automaticly
  • read data from SD card;
  • read data from TF card;
  • send data to LCD screen for display;
  • read touchscreen input;
  • control touchscreen input by a button
  • get time from RTC.
  • and some other more update

We will release new version soon ,which is more powerful than this version......information update.......

I'm looking forward to the new version of this module
and I'm looking for the same kind of module to use with my
robot, which compatible with my arduino.
How to achieve that put the picture into the storage
of arduino small space?

expect your reply.Thanks

-JACKSON

I'm wondering how you are going to make any headway into a VGA camera's image which is about 1MB native and about 20-30k as a jpeg with an 8 bit processor with 2kB of ram. The arduino will probably take 10 minutes to establish if a frame has any blue in it......

It's pretty obvious that many people here have a very limited perception of how seriously low powered an Atmega microcontroller actually is.

Hint : your computer has a million times more memory and storage than a Duemilanove. (literally)

I think this display and touch screen have a lot of potential but I would have thought that you want a mega-type chip at least (1280?). Yes, the ATMega chips are not very powerful but a lot has been done with them. I do however doubt how fast this camera, screen module thingy will be.

If it is cheap then I might pick one up though.

I would be interested to know more about the display as it is obviously cheap and relatively simple to interface with. Is there any more information available about the screen itself and how it is interfaced with?

Mowcius

I could think of a good few uses for it, but it would need to be hooked up to something with a bit more go than an Atmega. Something like this could do it justice :

http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/proddetail.php?prod=GuruPlug-Server

32 bit ARM processor and half a gig of RAM :wink:

It already has the function of storing image data to SD/TF card which is connected to it. :slight_smile:

I'm looking forward to the new version of this module
and I'm looking for the same kind of module to use with my
robot, which compatible with my arduino.
How to achieve that put the picture into the storage
of arduino small space?

expect your reply.Thanks

-JACKSON

Well, soon i will upload a piece of video demo in Youtube. It will tell that it is true.
Make impossibility possible. That's the art of technology. :wink:

I'm wondering how you are going to make any headway into a VGA camera's image which is about 1MB native and about 20-30k as a jpeg with an 8 bit processor with 2kB of ram. The arduino will probably take 10 minutes to establish if a frame has any blue in it......

It's pretty obvious that many people here have a very limited perception of how seriously low powered an Atmega microcontroller actually is.

Hint : your computer has a million times more memory and storage than a Duemilanove. (literally)

Here you can see the video demo: MVI_0827.AVI - YouTube :slight_smile:

Here you can see the video demo: MVI_0827.AVI - YouTube

I never had any doubts that it could display the camera picture on the screen, but how exactly does this involve an Arduino ?

I never had any doubts that it could display the camera picture on the screen, but how exactly does this involve an Arduino ?

Well I was querying the fact that it would do all that while being controlled by an ATMega32 (yes 32).

I do however doubt how fast this camera, screen module thingy will be.

I think that is pretty impressive.

The arduino would just control the taking of a picture and whatever else you want it to do as far as I understand it. The onboard ATMega32 controls the camera and screen (and storing of pictures etc)

Could the camera be connected to an arduino, data sent via XBee and then the data sent to the screen for the screen to display it/take pictures etc?
Any news on availability or pricing yet?

I would be interested to know more about the display as it is obviously cheap and relatively simple to interface with. Is there any more information available about the screen itself and how it is interfaced with?

Can I get any info on the display?

Mowcius

Well, you can see there are still many vacant pins on the control board. You can expand the function to work with Arduino. :slight_smile:

Quote:
Well I was querying the fact that it would do all that while being controlled by an ATMega32 (yes 32).
Quote:
I do however doubt how fast this camera, screen module thingy will be.
I think that is pretty impressive.

The arduino would just control the taking of a picture and whatever else you want it to do as far as I understand it. The onboard ATMega32 controls the camera and screen (and storing of pictures etc)

Could the camera be connected to an arduino, data sent via XBee and then the data sent to the screen for the screen to display it/take pictures etc?

Quote:

Mowcius

Yes, you are right. You can use Arduino to take pictures. However, you can also use the ATMega32 to take pictures.

Yes, camera can be directly connected to Arduino. And then data is send to the display wirelessly and display it.

now we are still testing it. Once testing is finished, price information will be updated here :slight_smile:
And the display can also be directly drived by Arduino. :slight_smile:

Yes, camera can be directly connected to Arduino. And then data is send to the display wirelessly and display it.

Cool, seems like these things just turn up at the right time.

Regarding pricing, I am hoping it will be about $50-60 but I will have to wait and see I suppose.

It's all that I want for my project!

I just have to wait more info.