NRF24L01+ and Antenna, Receiving fine but problems transmitting

Hi,

I am currently using two NRF24L01+ to transmit and receive data sent to each other. I have been able to get my project communicating between two NRF24L01+ without antennas. Now to increase the range I am trying to swap out one of the NRF24L01+ with one that uses the attachable antenna. However, when I run the same program I can receive data fine from the NRF with an antenna but the NRF without the antenna fails to receive anything the NRF with the antenna sends. I am currently using an AMS1117 3.3v regulator with capacitors and a 9v battery to power both my NRFs. I also put tinfoil around my NRF with the antenna to reduce interference and I set the PA level of both to low since I am in close proximity. Any idea why my NRF with the antenna doesn't transmit properly?

Thank you

Try testing with the two nRF24s at least 3 metres apart. The high power transmission can overwhelm the receiver.

If you are using a single AMS1117 for both nRF24s it would probably be wise to power them separately. How much current can your AMS1117 produce?

The PP3 style 9v battery is not really suitable for anything other than a smoke alarm - they produce very little current.

Try powering the nRF24 with a pair of AA alkaline cells (3v) with the battery GND connected to the Arduino GND.

Putting tinfoil (I'm sure you mean aluminium foil) near an antenna is nonsense - it will just screw everything up.

...R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

I am using two separate AMS1117 for each NRF so maybe it's is the fact that I am using the 9v battery. I will try two AA alkaline cells so it can supply more current and I will get back to this post with a result. Thank you!

bryceikeda:
I am using two separate AMS1117 for each NRF so maybe it's is the fact that I am using the 9v battery. I will try two AA alkaline cells so it can supply more current and I will get back to this post with a result. Thank you!

The distance between Rx and Tx is at least as important. It would be the first thing I would experiment with.

...R