Looking for variety of good cases

heinburgh:
Hello good folks,

I'm working on a few different projects, some use UNO's, others MEGA's, with combinations of SIM800 shields, SD Card shields, RF sender modules, etc. So I'm looking for a good source of cases for my projects of decent quality and various shapes, sizes, colours. So far ebay and amazon have not shown to have much of a variety, I was wondering if any of you have a good online source for cases.

Thanks in advance!

Hein

Having nothing specifically to do with Arduino, I've used POLYCASE (Polycase.com) products and also BUD (https://www.budind.com/), on occasionally HAMMOND. Also, for what its worth, I've learned the hard way to work backwards. That is, a box or case is both the first thing a user sees, and often affects the design plan significantly, its a good idea to pick from available box sizes and THEN, when you find things you like, see which ones will likely fit all your electronics, controls, displays, LED indicators, etc. I say I've learned the hard way because whenever I ASSUME a PCB layout BEFORE picking a box, I often end up re-doing that PC Layout.

Any yeah, people chime in to everything these days with "3d Printer". In my estimation the cost of a 3d printer of acceptable quality, along with supplies, and the 3D CAD learning curve and time needed to turn out a design is usually not sensible for a prototype. And lets face it, until something is PROVEN and survives a test market, calling it more than a "prototype" is risky at best. But I digress! :wink: