Suggestion to improve the "Find" functionality in the Arduino IDE

Hello,

I have a simple and i think very useful suggestion. When searching for a keyword or text in the Arduino sketch, it would be really helpful if the scroll bar on the right-side of the screen would show highlights about where these search keywords have found a match.

For example, in Google Chrome browser, this functionality is already implemented and it is extremely useful. I wonder how hard it could be to implement this, but hopefully, it should not take too much work/time. :slight_smile:

Here is a screenshot to illustrate what i mean.

It would be really useful if we did not have that useless blue bar cluttering the screen at the top except perhaps on the main forum index page.

It makes working on a tablet particularly painful!

Paul__B:
It would be really useful if we did not have that useless blue bar cluttering the screen at the top except perhaps on the main forum index page.

How is this reply in any way related to the thread you replied in?

Paul__B:

That would be another suggestion. It would most likely get more attention in its own separate thread. :wink: