New Arduino Group Plymouth UK

hi - well i'm guessing there was either no interest - given the OP date or there's a thriving group that no one knows about .lol

i'm also in Plymouth and at 63 you may think a bit old to be getting into this stuff ( back in my youth there where no iPhones - arduinos - computers, much - monochrome tv - blah blah ect ect ) - however i have been doing amateur radio for the last 40 odd years - which has sorta lost its appeal - so dug out the pile of arduino stuff i bought years ago and am learning as i go - however - its the coding that's the problem - i'm ok changing the odd thing here and there - but doing it from scratch is a bit too much - so if there are any of you who want /need to cooperate on projects - and may need input on matters radio or even just brainstorming - be happy to help - and if there are any whizz kid programmers for this stuff out in the city - even better ( have tried asking if there was anyone at the uni who could help in the past - but they it seems don't even have the courtesy to reply to emails ) - most intrested in light communications over a long distance - using LEDS /LASERS ?? - but theres no one in the amateur radio community round here that is - and given the current interest in LIFI etc ............... anyways here if anyones interested - de brett - G6URM