Animating a LED Display

So I made a 10x10 led matrix a few weeks ago(based on this video Make your own 10x10 LED Matrix - YouTube) and ever since i have been trying to figure out how to actually animate it(in the same smooth way he has done it in the video) i have been trying to use the glediator software and the jinx software, having issues with both. i started this project with alot of ambitions to make a alarm clock/infrared controlled light art display) but over the days i have been slowing cutting down what i want the project to do. now im on the last part, which is the cool lighting with the ability to select pattern with a remote. is there a way to make a cool effect, turn it into code, then be able to play said code back without the need to be hooked up to a pc? or am i just wasting my time and money on this project. looking at alot of videos on gladiator none of them seem to answer any of my questions at all.

The basic example with the 'fastled' library should work. (with ws2811/ws2812)

Solventsoap:
So I made a 10x10 led matrix a few weeks ago(based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_QBlFIQk-o) and ever since i have been trying to figure out how to actually animate it(in the same smooth way he has done it in the video) i have been trying to use the glediator software and the jinx software, having issues with both. i started this project with alot of ambitions to make a alarm clock/infrared controlled light art display) but over the days i have been slowing cutting down what i want the project to do. now im on the last part, which is the cool lighting with the ability to select pattern with a remote. is there a way to make a cool effect, turn it into code, then be able to play said code back without the need to be hooked up to a pc? or am i just wasting my time and money on this project. looking at alot of videos on gladiator none of them seem to answer any of my questions at all.

This looks like an interesting project.
I do not do MS windows so I can not help you with the Windows specific software.

Are you using an actual Arduino Nano or a clone?
Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?
Which Version of MS Windows are you using?

If you are willing to commit the time I will try to help you with this project.
I will try to answer your questions in a timely manner.
if you do not receive an answer it is because I am dealing with "life issues"

Adding a remote is not that difficult.
being able to have a number of different displays will depend on if the sketch will fit in an Arduino Nano.
I do not have an Arduino Nano so I have no experience with them.

With any project you break it into pieces. complete each piece and then merge the pieces together.

It is the just like the adage:
How do you walk 1,000 Kilometer?
One step at a time.

I am here let me know what you want to do.

artisticforge:
This looks like an interesting project.
I do not do MS windows so I can not help you with the Windows specific software.

Are you using an actual Arduino Nano or a clone?
Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?
Which Version of MS Windows are you using?

If you are willing to commit the time I will try to help you with this project.
I will try to answer your questions in a timely manner.
if you do not receive an answer it is because I am dealing with "life issues"

Adding a remote is not that difficult.
being able to have a number of different displays will depend on if the sketch will fit in an Arduino Nano.
I do not have an Arduino Nano so I have no experience with them.

With any project you break it into pieces. complete each piece and then merge the pieces together.

It is the just like the adage:
How do you walk 1,000 Kilometer?
One step at a time.

I am here let me know what you want to do.

Hey thanks for the help in advance, I have both Kuman Arduino clones(a nano,uno,and mega) and the real Arduino(uno), I am using the most recent version(i believe) of the IED 1.8.5. and im using windows 10 64bit